Realistic discussion on McCarthy: Should He stay or should he go?

MacReady

If we fail to reach the playoffs, should we fire our coaching staff?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. If we fail to reach the playoffs, should we fire our coaching staff?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will Mike McCarthy be fired at the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, squire12 said:

What is MM record when the team is QB by someone not named Farve or Rodgers?

it is a ridiculously small sample size that has no merit. That's the only thing it is...

Unless someone wants to go through all the other coaches and see what their records are starting a back-up QB or a 3rd or 4th stringer on a week or two's notice. Then we might be able to say "MM is (good, average, bad) at preparing a reserve QB on short notice compared to other coaches". 

That information isn't really relevant to anything else however.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

For those who are in favor of firing Mike McCarthy, are you willing to risk that Aaron Rodgers and the offense will take a step back?  If the answer isn't yes, then you probably need to reconsider your stance.

Yes.

1) I'd have faith we bring in someone who isn't clueless. 

2) Rodgers would succeed under any coach at this point in his career. Aaron has made McCarthy, 100%.

3) New coach could bring in a D-coordinator who knows what he's doing. Better defense= better team results. 

4 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Yes.

1) I'd have faith we bring in someone who isn't clueless. 

2) Rodgers would succeed under any coach at this point in his career. Aaron has made McCarthy, 100%.

3) New coach could bring in a D-coordinator who knows what he's doing. Better defense= better team results. 

McCarthy was a FG away from the super bowl in overtime before Rodgers completed an NFL pass (as a starter)...

Just now, incognito_man said:

McCarthy was a FG away from the super bowl in overtime before Rodgers completed an NFL pass...

And? He's had Rodgers the majority of his head coaching career.

And if it weren't for his conservative playcalling in Seattle a few years back, we WOULD have been in the SB. But everyone wants to point to the fail onside recovery. Mac lost the game well before that. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

For those who are in favor of firing Mike McCarthy, are you willing to risk that Aaron Rodgers and the offense will take a step back?  If the answer isn't yes, then you probably need to reconsider your stance.

There’s a risk/ reward. Not just a risk. 

Today was very telling imo. Brett Hundley did not look terrible, the line was playing good, and the running game was real good; he’ll we had two turnovers! In yet, we didn’t score many points.. and had some very strange play calls.

If this continues, I think it would be a valid assumption that Mac benefits much more from AR than AR benefits from Mac. And to go as far as to say Mac needs AR.

Hundley has been groomed under Mac for 2 plus years, he should be able to put up points.

2 minutes ago, Slinky said:

And? He's had Rodgers the majority of his head coaching career.

And if it weren't for his conservative playcalling in Seattle a few years back, we WOULD have been in the SB. But everyone wants to point to the fail onside recovery. Mac lost the game well before that. 

and? and you're wrong that Rodgers made him. I was showing you that.

7 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

I think the Saints w/ Brees proves that a Hof QB does not guarantee a team the amount of wins MM has

Drew Brees isnt Rodgers, not even close.

You think MM would have a better or even the same record as Payton in NO with Brees with MMs offensive scheme? That's not even a reasonable argument.

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This works the other way too. Would another coach fair any worse with 10 years of Rodgers at QB? 

Personally I think we'd have a street named after Hue Jackson right now if he was hired in 2006 instead of MM. 

This probably isn't too far off .. there are probably a number of coaches out there that could have matched or eclipsed what MM has accomplished in GB.  He's had superstar QB's and that has made his job so much easier.  We saw what he did in his one season with the 49'ers as an OC with weak talent .. worse offense ever perhaps.

It's insane the lack of credit McCarthy gets. If we fire him, he'd be out of work for approximately 3 seconds.

Did I see Hue Jackson is better? My God. Like 1-22 with the Browns Hue Jackson? How can people say such garbage?

Mike made Aaron way better than what he was. Mike made Brett Favre back in to a top level QB. Look at how minimally we have invested in the offense compared to the defense and look at what unit is better. 

I think we could add a new OC from the outside just to help add some new elements to the offense, but I doubt Mac wants that and I can understand that.

I am ready to be done with Dom and the defensive staff. Hayward is mostly average here, gets better when he leaves. Hyde is mostly average here, leaves and gets better. ?

Seems everything is way too complex, seemingly every time we play zone, there is a "communication breakdown" and somebody is running free. I'm ready for a change there. I think we are underperforming our talent on defense.

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What is MM record when the team is QB by someone not named Farve or Rodgers?

It is 2-7-1 since 2013 without AR. That includes the Bears game in 2013 and last week's Vikings game during which AR started and left with the games still in the balance.

I think it matters, a lot, if AR wants MM to return.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Drew Brees isnt Rodgers, not even close.

You think MM would have a better or even the same record as Payton in NO with Brees with MMs offensive scheme? That's not even a reasonable argument.

Pretty much destroyed your credibility here. But please continue seeking ways to reinforce your predetermined biases

Archived