Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Happy with how the defense rounded out this season.

DE: Derrick Brown (CAR), Jarran Reed (KC)    
NT: Grover Stewart (IND)
OLB: Maxx Crosby (LV), Rashan Gary (GB)
ILB: Roquan Smith (CHI), Dont'a Hightower (NE)
CB: Patrick Peterson (MINI), Byron Jones (MIA)
SS: Landon Collins (WAS)
FS: Anthony Harris (PHI)

Looking forward to see how Grover and Rashan perform in the sim.

I think we got a little better on the Edge with Crosby and a big upgrade at Safety with Harris.

• Like 1

Quick team summary. Overall, I think my team is competitive to last season. I'm hoping the addition of Diggs is enough to make me a better team overall, but I think similar to slightly better is accurate

Skills positions:

Lost: Raheem Mostert, Hayden Hurst, Brandin Cooks, Sterling Shepard, Jared Cook
Added: Nyheim Hines, Tyler Higbee, Stefon Diggs, Brandon Aiyuk, Courtland Sutton
Verdict: Feels like a massive upgrade. Diggs alone really boosts the passing game. We will see how the "WR at TE" experiment goes, but overall, adding Diggs gives us a huge boost

Offensive line:

Lost: Tristan Wirfs, Chase Roullier, Brandon Brooks
Added: Dion Dawkins, Rodney Hudson, D.J. Humphries
Verdict: Probably a push. Hudson is a nice upgrade at center, Dawkins is probably a mild downgrade at guard. Wirfs I think is more of a long term loss that it was short term, as he was not special last season

Defensive line:

Lost: Denico Autry, Maxx Crosby
Added: Cameron Heyward, Carlos Dunlap
Verdict: Definite upgrade. Heyward is an elite IDL. Dunlap is a very underrated player also, but the Heyward upgrade is a big deal

Linebackers:

Lost: Vince Williams, Kenneth Murray, Anthony Walker
Added: Joe Schobery, Isaiah Simmons, DeVondre Campbell
Verdict: Probably a small downgrade. Murray was actually quite good in the sim last season. Everyone is else kind of meh accross the board both seasons on this unit

Secondary:

Lost: Janoris Jenkins, Kareem Jackson, Anthony Harris, Devin McCourty
Added: Bryce Callahan, Donte Jackson, Micah Hyde, Quandre Diggs
Verdict: This is definitely the unit where I stepped back. Both CB and S are downgrades. Hopefully the improved front 4 gives them a little help

• Like 2

I think I’ve improved on my top defense from last season. 

6 starters returned: Chase Young, Brian Burns, Calais Campbell, Chris Harris, Denzel Ward, Antoine Winfield 

DC Returned- Vic Fangio

5 new players

Javon Hargrave > Ed Oliver/Player Who hasn’t been drafted yet

Marcus Maye > player who hasn’t been drafted yet

Shaq Thompson > Isaiah Simmons

Bendardrick McKinney > Christian Kirksey

Jerome Baker = Jayon Brown 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Happy with how the defense rounded out this season.

DE: Derrick Brown (CAR), Jarran Reed (KC)    
NT: Grover Stewart (IND)
OLB: Maxx Crosby (LV), Rashan Gary (GB)
ILB: Roquan Smith (CHI), Dont'a Hightower (NE)
CB: Patrick Peterson (MINI), Byron Jones (MIA)
SS: Landon Collins (WAS)
FS: Anthony Harris (PHI)

Looking forward to see how Grover and Rashan perform in the sim.

I think we got a little better on the Edge with Crosby and a big upgrade at Safety with Harris.

Grover is definitely a sim sleeper. I'm interested to see how he performs 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@Tk3 I'm looking forward to the evaluations of the rookies taken in the first round that you promised us now that it is the end of the draft. 🤩

I don't even remember that conversation lol... was it which early rookies were good picks and which were bad picks?

If so:

1.01 Trevor Lawrence - fine pick - should get playing time, gambling on him having a strong rookie season. May or may not be usable in S23/S24. I still don't love that at the top of the draft, but that's the current market value
1.02 Trey Lance - egregious pick - maybe I'm wrong, but between lack of playing time and his likely lower initial ratings, I don't see any chance for him to be usable in S23/S24. I think he needs TWO good seasons to be useful here, and that's not good value at 2nd overall
1.03 Kyle Pitts - good pick - reasonable bet to have him be in the conversation of top 5 TE in the league and immediately usable in S22
1.04 Justin Fields - not great pick - personal preference coming into play here, I just don't see him as "slam dunk" as Lawrence, and I think he's PS fodder for too many seasons to be taken so highly
1.05 Ja'Marr Chase - pretty good pick - he will be usable as WR3 in S22, with a decent rookie season he's immediately a WR2 or better here. Only thing that slows him down is the fact that NFL WR pool is getting deeper and deeper, but every reason to believe he will be a long term keeper
1.15 DeVonta Smith - okay pick - worse than Chase because IMO he's less talented, and I really don't like his offense he was drafted into. But reasonable gamble that he becomes keeper worthy

I think I didn't want to talk about it because I didn't want my negative view of rookie QBs to potentially stop someone from overdrafting the remaining two

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Grover is definitely a sim sleeper. I'm interested to see how he performs 

I literally have no idea who he is. I looked up his stats and nothing jumped out at me.

What am I missing?

33 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I don't even remember that conversation lol... was it which early rookies were good picks and which were bad picks?

If so:

1.01 Trevor Lawrence - fine pick - should get playing time, gambling on him having a strong rookie season. May or may not be usable in S23/S24. I still don't love that at the top of the draft, but that's the current market value
1.02 Trey Lance - egregious pick - maybe I'm wrong, but between lack of playing time and his likely lower initial ratings, I don't see any chance for him to be usable in S23/S24. I think he needs TWO good seasons to be useful here, and that's not good value at 2nd overall
1.03 Kyle Pitts - good pick - reasonable bet to have him be in the conversation of top 5 TE in the league and immediately usable in S22
1.04 Justin Fields - not great pick - personal preference coming into play here, I just don't see him as "slam dunk" as Lawrence, and I think he's PS fodder for too many seasons to be taken so highly
1.05 Ja'Marr Chase - pretty good pick - he will be usable as WR3 in S22, with a decent rookie season he's immediately a WR2 or better here. Only thing that slows him down is the fact that NFL WR pool is getting deeper and deeper, but every reason to believe he will be a long term keeper
1.15 DeVonta Smith - okay pick - worse than Chase because IMO he's less talented, and I really don't like his offense he was drafted into. But reasonable gamble that he becomes keeper worthy

I think I didn't want to talk about it because I didn't want my negative view of rookie QBs to potentially stop someone from overdrafting the remaining two

That's pretty much what I thought you were going to say. Pretty much how I see it too.

I am trying to hit a homerun with the Devonta pick (also calling my shot with a homer pick). I have a good set of keepers so taking a high upside player who could be a really good keeper was better for me than any of the known commodities. I really think the Eagles are going to build that offense to go through DeVonta. 

My homerism aside, I think Goff is a really good pick this late.

Also, am I an idiot for just now noticing that Cam spelled backwards is Mac, and that "Newton" spelled backwards is only a few letters away from spelling "Jones"? Are the Patriots cheating again? Discuss.