Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

I have not hit any of these new guys up for trade! Thinking there was some honor. I did hit up TL lions for Mixon! Mixon! A trash as back this last year. But ruskie out here raping and pillaging. Homeys gonna draft some Hot trash with those 4 picks. You hope to draft players like Trent and Chubb. You don’t trade them. Ayiyyaaaaa yaaaaa. Just no honor whatsoever. Just out here smashing the new guys. Pwny left but all these trades are more one sided than ever. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I have not hit any of these new guys up for trade! Thinking there was some honor. I did hit up TL lions for Mixon! Mixon! A trash as back this last year. But ruskie out here raping and pillaging. Homeys gonna draft some Hot trash with those 4 picks. You hope to draft players like Trent and Chubb. You don’t trade them. Ayiyyaaaaa yaaaaa. Just no honor whatsoever. Just out here smashing the new guys. Pwny left but all these trades are more one sided than ever. 

Williams is 32 years old and in this past week, had 0 pancakes while allowing 2 sacks. McGlinchey is 28 and had a decent outing last week. My other OT is only 25. Maybe it backfires or maybe Williams is on the downside. Getting 2 x 1sts and 2x 2nd's in the process gives me an opportunity to draft and develop my roster while I learn the ropes on how this league works.

I don't get what you're talking about in "honour". No one forced me to make any trades that I wasn't comfortable with. If you want to reach out to make a deal, go for it. If you're not reaching out and you miss out on a potential deal, that's your call. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I will say… first round picks almost seem to be devaluing year after year. It’s an interesting trend. 

I was going to say the opposite tbh. Teams are landing elite keepers for a couple of first round picks. 

Just now, swoosh said:

I was going to say the opposite tbh. Teams are landing elite keepers for a couple of first round picks. 

I didn't consider 6 1st's to be a "couple". Maybe it's just because I'm new but that seemed like really good value for the type of player. Arguably worth it for a team willing to shoot their shot and make a run... hard to pass up in order to build up overall team talent for the future. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I didn't consider 6 1st's to be a "couple". Maybe it's just because I'm new but that seemed like really good value for the type of player. Arguably worth it for a team willing to shoot their shot and make a run... hard to pass up in order to build up overall team talent for the future. 

I wasn't referencing you specifically and definitely not the Rodgers trade, but the Chubb falls under that umbrella for me. As does my trade for Julio which was for one 1st (granted, 4th overall) and a few mid round picks. 

I didn't say it was a bad thing though. I was just disagreeing with Mookie because based on some of these trades, I think people are valuing draft picks higher than usual. It used to be when you had a legit keeper, you'd have to give your left arm to pry them away. Acquiring those players today seems easier. Again, not saying there's anything wrong with the value, just that there's a difference in what is used to be.

17 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I wasn't referencing you specifically and definitely not the Rodgers trade, but the Chubb falls under that umbrella for me. As does my trade for Julio which was for one 1st (granted, 4th overall) and a few mid round picks. 

I didn't say it was a bad thing though. I was just disagreeing with Mookie because based on some of these trades, I think people are valuing draft picks higher than usual. It used to be when you had a legit keeper, you'd have to give your left arm to pry them away. Acquiring those players today seems easier. Again, not saying there's anything wrong with the value, just that there's a difference in what is used to be.

That's fair. It could be a shift in team building philosophy... not to say what I'm doing is the end all be all, but that's the approach I'm taking. 

I am down on Trent (although I could be way off) and really viewed it as a swap for McGlinchey and the bulk of the draft comp for Chubb. That deal in particular could backfire. 

As a Julio owner in other leagues - it's hard to determine what his value is for me. He's frustrating as an owner yet still very talented. 

• Like 1