Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

So far, the keepers are shaping up something like this:

Aaron Rodgers - 4
Jonathan Taylor - 3
Joe Mixon - 3
Kyle Pitts - 2
Brandin Cooks - 1 (assuming he has a strong 2021 NFL season and is worth keeping)
Trey Hendrickson - 1 (assuming he has a strong 2021 NFL season and is worth keeping)
Jessie Bates - 2

With 4 keepers left, I'd have others to choose between: Taylor Decker (3), D.J. Chark (3), Janoris Jenkins (3), Jeff Okudah (3), D'Wayne Eskridge (1), Amon-Ra St. Brown (1), Terrace Marshall (1), Matt Patricia (Priceless)

Thoughts? Fire away.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Aaron Rodgers - 4
Jonathan Taylor - 3
Joe Mixon - 3
Kyle Pitts - 2
Brandin Cooks - 1 (assuming he has a strong 2021 NFL season and is worth keeping)
Trey Hendrickson - 1 (assuming he has a strong 2021 NFL season and is worth keeping)
Jessie Bates - 2

With 4 keepers left, I'd have others to choose between: Taylor Decker (3), D.J. Chark (3), Janoris Jenkins (3), Jeff Okudah (3), D'Wayne Eskridge (1), Amon-Ra St. Brown (1), Terrace Marshall (1), Matt Patricia (Priceless)

Thoughts? Fire away.

I dont think you can keep Cooks for only 1 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I dont think you can keep Cooks for only 1 

So, this is exactly what I'm trying to understand. To clarify: if he plays only 7 games this year, he can be kept for 1 under the "PS keeper" rule, right? Same with Hendrickson. I'll be paying full price for Pitts, but it still saves one tag.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

So, this is exactly what I'm trying to understand. To clarify: if he plays only 7 games this year, he can be kept for 1 under the "PS keeper" rule, right? Same with Hendrickson. I'll be paying full price for Pitts, but it still saves one tag.

I think if the player has ever been kept for full price then you can’t keep him for 1 no matter how many games he plays.

correct me if I am wrong @TheKillerNacho

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You can keep Pitts for 1 as long as you dont have 2 other rookies who played for you kept for 1 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think if the player has ever been kept for full price then you can’t keep him for 1 no matter how many games he plays.

correct me if I am wrong @TheKillerNacho

Is it EVER?

I always thought being untagged and hitting the draft reset that rule. I definitely could be wrong on this though

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Is it EVER?

I always thought being untagged and hitting the draft reset that rule. I definitely could be wrong on this though

I was told yesterday that it hinges on how that player was kept last season, so a newly drafted player isn't bound by that rule.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You can keep Pitts for 1 as long as you dont have 2 other rookies who played for you kept for 1 

So, I thought this as well. Reading things over (and receiving knowledge from those with knowledge), rookies that have played at least 1 game and PS players that have played at least 1 game pull from the same pool of "two" players that can be kept for 1 tag after playing a game.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

21 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Aaron Rodgers - 4
Jonathan Taylor - 3
Joe Mixon - 3
Kyle Pitts - 2
Jessie Bates - 2

Thoughts? Fire away.

Pitts is 1 tag due to being a rookie.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Unless I'm tagging both Hendrickson and Cooks at 1 tag each, correct? (Assuming they each play 7 or fewer games.)

That would be correct then, yes

The best way to look at keepers is legitimately just keeping your best players.

If it means keeping 8 defenders and 0 offensive players then that should be the motto.

Granted, “best” is subjective. A top 12 QB > a top 10 CB always just given what the QB brings to the team.

But if you’re debating between Chark or Decker, you ideally want to look at who is available in the draft, and if you’re better able to replace one of those positions over the other.

• Like 3