Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

If you were a real legend you’d do this 

QB: Jacoby Brissett (IND)
RB: Cam Newton (CAR), Jordan Howard (PHI)
FB: Zach Line (FA)
TE: Zach Ertz (PHI)
WR: Ryan Tannehill (TEN), Marvin Jones (DET), Hunter Renfrow (LV)*

This sounds like the kind of advice I'd get from EaglesPeteD

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Investing in TE in this league is like going to a restaurant once and loving it and then you keep going back even though every meal is garbage and the service is terrible but that one time it was good, so you’ll try again. 

I'm a rookie, so I haven't been to that restaurant at all.

This beautiful league is full of uncertainty, which is my favorite part. There's no "META"... there aren't concrete answers. I haven't seen an example where a "unicorn"-type TE was started at WR1 for an extended period of time. Have "elite" TEs struggled at WR2/WR3? Sure. Then again, there are a bunch of WRs that seem to "struggle" (statistically) at WR2.

I'm going to invest *3 tags on my top 2 pass-catchers... players that I feel are on the rise in real life. The tag savings will allow me to keep other players. The only possible way that my approach will backfire is if Pitts and Waller have insanely strong 2021 NFL seasons and still underperform (at WR1). If that happens, then... alright? It wouldn't make rational sense, but I'll adjust accordingly.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Here will be 10 of my tags used up on offense for next season

Trevor Lawrence- 1

Najee Harris- 1

AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson- 6

Quenton Nelson- 2

Now I need to get in on this TE thing 

1st Rounder for Noah Fant. Who says no? 

16 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Here will be 10 of my tags used up on offense for next season

Trevor Lawrence- 1

Najee Harris- 1

AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson- 6

Quenton Nelson- 2

Now I need to get in on this TE thing 

See, those QB/RB tag savings are freaking beautiful.

Once I traded 6 1sts for Rodgers, I knew I had to get creative with the tags. With Taylor also getting his games, I'm investing a lot at those positions:

Aaron Rodgers- 4

* Jonathan Taylor- 3

* Kyle Pitts- 1

Darren Waller- 2

Although, question with Taylor and Pitts: does Taylor have 1 more season of being tagged at 1? In theory, if I rotated Pitts and Waller in at WR, and Pitts played the majority of his games at TE, couldn't I just spend 2 tags on Pitts and only 1 on Taylor?

(Disregard. I'm nearly certain that Taylor must be tagged at 3 if he plays more than 7 games this year.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

16 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

See, those QB/RB tag savings are freaking beautiful.

Once I traded 6 1sts for Rodgers, I knew I had to get creative with the tags. With Taylor also getting his games, I'm investing a lot at those positions:

Aaron Rodgers- 4

* Jonathan Taylor- 3

* Kyle Pitts- 1

Darren Waller- 2

Although, question with Taylor and Pitts: does Taylor have 1 more season of being tagged at 1? In theory, if I rotated Pitts and Waller in at WR, and Pitts played the majority of his games at TE, couldn't I just spend 2 tags on Pitts and only 1 on Taylor?

(Disregard. I'm nearly certain that Taylor must be tagged at 3 if he plays more than 7 games this year.)

Taylor will cost full price next season, as it will take place after next NFL season

• Like 1