Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Honestly i might consider a pass-only situation but I'd be hard pressed to decide where to start it. There's also potentially teams who have a horrible passing game who might actually be better running for it lol

@TL-TwoWinsAwayneglects to mention how he fell behind in the first place... a 38 yard scamper down by 3 with a mere 74 seconds left to play:

Q4, 1:14, 2nd & 10 on the PRO 38: Gus Edwards rushes up the middle for a gain of 38 yards. Touchdown. Jason Myers' extra point good.

• Like 1

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly i might consider a pass-only situation but I'd be hard pressed to decide where to start it. There's also potentially teams who have a horrible passing game who might actually be better running for it lol

@TL-TwoWinsAwayneglects to mention how he fell behind in the first place... a 38 yard scamper down by 3 with a mere 74 seconds left to play:

Q4, 1:14, 2nd & 10 on the PRO 38: Gus Edwards rushes up the middle for a gain of 38 yards. Touchdown. Jason Myers' extra point good.

Ice Cube Movie GIF
Nacho be taking souls this season 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

My week one loss to RNG is the difference between first place in the division right now and potentially fifth place in the conference.

Your team knew they were expecting the pass. They sent in Chris Carson on the surprise draw, catching the defense by surprise. He scampered through the defense like a hot knife through butter, before Harold Landry was able save the touchdown. Just needed 5 more yards and it would've seemed like a brilliant playcall! :P

If only you had Gus Edwards...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

oooof.. that's an ugly loss

a win would have mostly cemented my place in the playoffs and buried ruskie.. instead its wide open

both offenses were big, but man, that offense destroyed me

Could be mistaken, but I think that's the highest scoring output in my team's history.

Pretty crazy back and forth all game long. Defense stepped up in the 4th, clutch 4th down hold. Don't like giving up 32, but by god my offense woke up.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

My week one loss to RNG is the difference between first place in the division right now and potentially fifth place in the conference.

The audacity of the RNG being the difference between winning and losing in a sim.

I, for one, am shocked

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Now, in fairness, I wasn't really hiding anything. Yeah, Gus Edwards destroyed my defense to take a lead with 1:01 left. I set my defense against the pass, and held Watson to a 54% completion percentage. I was really pleased with the way they played.

I was merely pointing out how ridiculous it feels to watch my "Run Chance: 30" offense run it twice to end the game, down by 4 near midfield with :30 on the clock. Regardless of how I obtained that deficit, that doesn't feel right.

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Now, in fairness, I wasn't really hiding anything. Yeah, Gus Edwards destroyed my defense to take a lead with 1:01 left. I set my defense against the pass, and held Watson to a 54% completion percentage. I was really pleased with the way they played.

I was merely pointing out how ridiculous it feels to watch my "Run Chance: 30" offense run it twice to end the game, down by 4 near midfield with :30 on the clock. Regardless of how I obtained that deficit, that doesn't feel right.

if i were to program a clause though, when would i put a 100% pass mode to kick in?

some would say they should be passing it exclusively at < 1:30 but it worked out for Egypt there. Then I have to put in weird conditional clauses. If you have like 50 seconds left but you're on the 1 yard line, obviously you still want the normal routine to evaluate it to potentially do a running play to force it in. Or if you're down by only 2 but in field goal range, the normal routine will kick back up run chance in the hopes of icing the game with a last minute field goal.

i dislike hardcoding 100% chances anywhere and it would frankly be a tad difficult to program the exact conditionals. I already have things in the main routine to lower run chance even further in these situations but i always make sure that it never dips below a few percentage points.

• Like 1

I'd be against 100% coding it, but you mentioned it was under 5%? Maybe drop it even further, 2-3%? I agree there's still value, and it does seem that on occassion someone gets burned by it so maybe some consideration, but I would fear over-compensating for it. 

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

if i were to program a clause though, when would i put a 100% pass mode to kick in?

some would say they should be passing it exclusively at < 1:30 but it worked out for Egypt there. Then I have to put in weird conditional clauses. If you have like 50 seconds left but you're on the 1 yard line, obviously you still want the normal routine to evaluate it to potentially do a running play to force it in. Or if you're down by only 2 but in field goal range, the normal routine will kick back up run chance in the hopes of icing the game with a last minute field goal.

i dislike hardcoding 100% chances anywhere and it would frankly be a tad difficult to program the exact conditionals.

I would rather lose throwing it at the one than running it at the 17.

I can't imagine many people would disagree.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

some would say they should be passing it exclusively at < 1:30 but it worked out for Egypt there. Then I have to put in weird conditional clauses. If you have like 50 seconds left but you're on the 1 yard line, obviously you still want the normal routine to evaluate it to potentially do a running play to force it in. Or if you're down by only 2 the normal routine but in field goal range the normal routine will kick back up run chance in the hopes of icing the game with a last minute field goal.

i dislike hardcoding 100% chances anywhere and it would frankly be a tad difficult to program the exact conditionals.

Yeah, really good points. It's easy for the fan in me to want them to pass in "obvious" passing situations, but not as easy to program.

Is that something that could be added to the coaching preferences?

"Pass Only Offense (max: 120, min: 0, default: 60): Determines at which time your offense will start to exclusively throw the football (unless your team reaches the opponent's 2 yard line). Setting to 120 means that your team will start at the 2 minute warning of the second half."

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
Second half only.

17 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

i just resimmed the game with the same seed except i forced a pass at the end. Aaron Rodgers gets sacked by Frank Clark for 9 yards and the game ends. don't even get the second play.@TL-TwoWinsAway

That’s crazy.. 

ggs @TL-TwoWinsAway

you’re tough man. All my other wins seem closer but that’s just because I kneeled and didn’t score. Like against my son @RandyMossIsBoss I took a knee at his 3-4 yard line.. and so on. But my god our game was a nail bitter. What an extremely close and tough game.. Rodgers destroyed me. I’ve never seen my d get lit. And by wack Wrs lol. You get him a elite weapon and ooof.

Kyle Pitts: 6 receptions for 112 yards (18.67 YPR, 27 LNG), 0 touchdowns. Larry Fitzgerald: 7 receptions for 114 yards (16.29 YPR, 25 LNG), 0 touchdowns. D.J. Chark: 7 receptions for 97 yards (13.86 YPR, 21 LNG), 2 touchdowns.

• Like 1

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

(the other thing is I'd have to evaluate how it even works anymore, its been probably half a decade since i've dived into the simulator code lmao)

(well at least that portion of it... I fixed a minor bug in the player MVP evaluation method just a couple days ago)