Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Understandably.

Being new at this, I feel like trying everything... 100 aggressiveness, 0 aggressiveness, running, passing... but losing sucks.

Enlist a trash team to do it for you

It IS very hard to balancing learning the engine via experiments, vs actively trying to win

Even when you do and you feel like you've learned something big, there are enough bad results to make you question it. There's just not enough data points and it's tough

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Enlist a trash team to do it for you

It IS very hard to balancing learning the engine via experiments, vs actively trying to win

Even when you do and you feel like you've learned something big, there are enough bad results to make you question it. There's just not enough data points and it's tough

Exactly!

I'll convince myself that I have things somewhat figured out, but then I'll dive into a game replay and remind myself how little I actually know. Part of that pertains to the "unknowns" on each play, which, although difficult, are probably a good thing overall.

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Exactly!

I'll convince myself that I have things somewhat figured out, but then I'll dive into a game replay and remind myself how little I actually know. Part of that pertains to the "unknowns" on each play, which, although difficult, are probably a good thing overall.

I eventually just started copying good team's sliders and then adjusting from there. Once I hit a streak of wins, I sort of leave it alone until I hit a couple losses in a row then I'll start to tinker.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I eventually just started copying good team's sliders and then adjusting from there. Once I hit a streak of wins, I sort of leave it alone until I hit a couple losses in a row then I'll start to tinker.

I've peeked around a little bit to see what others are doing

But I don't think cheating off my neighbor is going to help my offense though. My QB makes it different

In my Luck days, I think I legitimately went about 8 seasons without ever touching my sliders

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

wow....

Eagles

Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 44, RB1 Chance: 69, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 64, Defensive Ag: 60, Run D Priority: 50

Rammy:

Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 36, RB1 Chance: 75, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 58, Defensive Ag: 65, Run D Priority: 50

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

wow....

Eagles

Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 44, RB1 Chance: 69, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 64, Defensive Ag: 60, Run D Priority: 50

Rammy:

Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 36, RB1 Chance: 75, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 58, Defensive Ag: 65, Run D Priority: 50

K but I said good teams......

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I've peeked around a little bit to see what others are doing

But I don't think cheating off my neighbor is going to help my offense though. My QB makes it different

In my Luck days, I think I legitimately went about 8 seasons without ever touching my sliders

Cheaters always win. Ask the Patriots