Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

The sim vs real life of Mr. Fred Warner

S21 NSFL Stats/2020 NFL Season stats (Only counted tackles, not assisted tackles)

Stuffs = TFL; Cov = PD

TCK TFL PD SCK INT
NSFL 85 7 5 6 0
IRL 79 5 6 1 2

6 2 -1 5 -2

The guy that is arguably the best LB in the game IRL. As a simmed version, he isn't that far off and in some ways better than his IRL counterpart. 

counterargument

NSFL S21 (16 games): 85 TCK, 7 TFL, 5 PD, 6 SCK, 0 INT
NSFL S22 (adj to 16G): 45 TCK, 2.6 TFL, 2.6 PD, 0 SCK, 0 INT

my conclusion: Sim LB stats are inconsistent. He's good, but I'm fully in the camp that a player has to REALLY prove it in order to pay 2 tags to keep, let alone a significant package of picks

I think my offer was a late round pick + rookie keeper gamble (Oweh, 1st rd edge, Ravens). Which I knew was a lowball, but you came in like 10x my offer lol

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

counterargument

NSFL S21 (16 games): 85 TCK, 7 TFL, 5 PD, 6 SCK, 0 INT
NSFL S22 (adj to 16G): 45 TCK, 2.6 TFL, 2.6 PD, 0 SCK, 0 INT

my conclusion: Sim LB stats are inconsistent. He's good, but I'm fully in the camp that a player has to REALLY prove it in order to pay 2 tags to keep, let alone a significant package of picks

I think my offer was a late round pick + rookie keeper gamble (Oweh, 1st rd edge, Ravens). Which I knew was a lowball, but you came in like 10x my offer lol

You could be totally right. So here's what I think will be interesting - I have Mike Tomlin and Robert Saleh. My team has a defensive focus. We're running a 3-4. @swoosh has an offensive minded HC and is running a 4-3. 

We have a pretty good sample size (8 games) to see what difference, if any, the HC and the scheme will have on a player's performance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Any "tanking" teams have an interest in starting three kickers at LB for a few games?

The argument against is not that LB's don't matter at all, the argument is the supply is rich enough that the impact you need to get your return on investment is not likely to be reached. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The argument against is not that LB's don't matter at all, the argument is the supply is rich enough that the impact you need to get your return on investment is not likely to be reached. 

Which, honestly, sounds like the elite/great ones are undervalued.

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Maybe @TheKillerNacho could clarify but what it feels like (and this is where I could be wrong) that the impact of a player isn't always reflected and/or measured in the stats. His comment re: OL seemed to indicate this. It's possible that the impact of a high end LB or some other position is not really demonstrated or reflected in the stats and as a result is they are under valued.

However, just like in real football, you either build your defense front to back or back to front. I like my DE's and NT, have had zero luck in the S sphere and my CB's have been making plays. I paid a price that was a bit richer than I initially was planning on but I got a guy that I like and hope he'll have an impact now and in the future. So we'll see how it shakes out. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

41 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Which, honestly, sounds like the elite/great ones are undervalued.

I actually agree on both counts

My counterargument in this case is that the gap between "elite" LB and "good" LB is more narrow than "elite" WR to "good" WR. And at least as far as stats go - inconsistent

Darius Leonard was elite for me... until he wasn't. Then I got Darius Leonard type of stats out of Kenneth Murray

Idk, I'm not telling you you're wrong, I just don't share your opinions

Then again, Nacho has trolled me for my opinions on LB, so who the eff knows

Edited by Tk3
  • Like 1

just realized we have (potentially) games today! Big week 9 for the red division

Lancaster Fighting Amish @ South Africa Woolly Mammoths
Reykjavík Direwolves @ Anchorage Moose
Rio de Janeiro Pirates @ Hanoi Viet Kongs

If the Kongs beat the Pirates, then the Pirates basically need to win out the last 7 (or at least go 6-1). They can be the dagger in the Pirates, while cementing themselves. Similarly, the Direwolves winning keeps them in the division race, and really boosts their playoff odds, as Moose are a bubble team. But a loss for Direwolves REALLY puts us on the bubble in a bad way. Mammoths have their layup, but absolutely need to convert it.

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Maybe @TheKillerNacho could clarify but what it feels like (and this is where I could be wrong) that the impact of a player isn't always reflected and/or measured in the stats. His comment re: OL seemed to indicate this. It's possible that the impact of a high end LB or some other position is not really demonstrated or reflected in the stats and as a result is they are under valued.

However, just like in real football, you either build your defense front to back or back to front. I like my DE's and NT, have had zero luck in the S sphere and my CB's have been making plays. I paid a price that was a bit richer than I initially was planning on but I got a guy that I like and hope he'll have an impact now and in the future. So we'll see how it shakes out. 

They may be undervalued but it still doesn't change the fact that you can get comparable or slightly less impact players consistently in the draft every season. Warner needs to be far above a replacement level player to really make him worth consistently keeping year after year over more impactful positions that have far less supply in the draft.

Which he may be, but it is a risky proposition. But you do you, you get your guy.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

just realized we have (potentially) games today! Big week 9 for the red division

Lancaster Fighting Amish @ South Africa Woolly Mammoths
Reykjavík Direwolves @ Anchorage Moose
Rio de Janeiro Pirates @ Hanoi Viet Kongs

If the Kongs beat the Pirates, then the Pirates basically need to win out the last 7 (or at least go 6-1). They can be the dagger in the Pirates, while cementing themselves. Similarly, the Direwolves winning keeps them in the division race, and really boosts their playoff odds, as Moose are a bubble team. But a loss for Direwolves REALLY puts us on the bubble in a bad way. Mammoths have their layup, but absolutely need to convert it.

It's also a big day for @TL-TwoWinsAway's marriage. I hate to be a homewrecker but, here we are......😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Definitely players can make more of an impact than just their stats.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I actually agree on both counts

My counterargument in this case is that the gap between "elite" LB and "good" LB is more narrow than "elite" WR to "good" WR. And at least as far as stats go - inconsistent

Darius Leonard was elite for me... until he wasn't. Then I got Darius Leonard type of stats out of Kenneth Murray

Idk, I'm not telling you your wrong, I just don't share your opinions

Then again, Nacho has trolled me for my opinions on LB, so who the eff knows

No, absolutely... I pretty much agree.

I just think the value here is tough to fully understand. Some players that get elite stats are disregarded by the experienced owners, while stats are the sole basis used to gauge the impact of other positions.

So... which is it? Do we look at stats (and stats alone) and conclude that TEs lack value, or do we conclude that certain players are more important than others based on everything but stats?