Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm assuming that this is just banter. My head hurts, and I'm probably missing something. I'll chalk it up to an attempt at humor and move on.

I know your a Lions’ fan and winning is a foreign concept for you, but you’ll get it.

*looks at Lions’ roster*

well maybe you’ll get it….one day….in the distant future…..

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I know your a Lions’ fan and winning is a foreign concept for you, but you’ll get it.

*looks at Lions’ roster*

well maybe you’ll get it….one day….in the distant future…..

Eh, I'm a huge hockey fan, and grew up watching the Red Wings win numerous cups. I'm good with the concept.

It's really the best of both worlds: I got to experience the thrill of championships with the Wings and the thrill of the... draft... with the Lions.

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Eh, I'm a huge hockey fan, and grew up watching the Red Wings win numerous cups. I'm good with the concept.

It's really the best of both worlds: I got to experience the thrill of championships with the Wings and the thrill of the... draft... with the Lions.

I was a Flyers’ fan (don’t follow hockey really anymore) I went to game 1 of the SCF when the Red Wings trounced the Flyers. It was my first real taste of Philly sports pain. 

I’ll consider this win a small act of revenge 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I also grew up watching them win a ****load of cups.

Living in Michigan with a stepdad who was a huge fan, I had no choice.

Hockey is an incredible sport. Even if you despise the Wings, there's nothing quite as intense as the Stanley Cup Finals.

As a child, Yzerman was my favorite player, and the Russian Five were legendary. Then you look at how they obtained, then sustained, that success: Lidstrom and Fedorov were taken in the 3rd and 4th rounds, and then guys like Zetterberg (pick 210) and Datsyuk (pick 171) continued their legacy. Unparalleled European drafting and timely trades created Hockeytown.

Anyway... uh... trades?

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I was a Flyers’ fan (don’t follow hockey really anymore) I went to game 1 of the SCF when the Red Wings trounced the Flyers. It was my first real taste of Philly sports pain. 

I’ll consider this win a small act of revenge 

I was in PA for about 8 years before moving back to MI a few years ago. I'll never forget watching the Lions-Eagles game at work that year, and how the Slay INT secured that win for the Lions. The guys at work were pissed.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hockey is an incredible sport. Even if you despise the Wings, there's nothing quite as intense as the Stanley Cup Finals.

As a child, Yzerman was my favorite player, and the Russian Five were legendary. Then you look at how they obtained, then sustained, that success: Lidstrom and Fedorov were taken in the 3rd and 4th rounds, and then guys like Zetterberg (pick 210) and Datsyuk (pick 171) continued their legacy. Unparalleled European drafting and timely trades created Hockeytown.

Anyway... uh... trades?

I actually know all those names and will throw in two more: Luc Robitaille and Chris Osgood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I actually know all those names and will throw in two more: Luc Robitaille and Chris Osgood.

Robitaille was one of those timely acquisitions that proved to be huge for the team: great player both on the ice and in the locker room. We had a few of those during that era.

Osgood is the man. Not only was he an underrated goalie throughout his career, but he hosts some of the Red Wings games and is absolutely hilarious. 

And how 'bout that Grind Line? Even with the talent those teams had, I don't think they win without what Draper, McCarty and Maltby provided on the ice. Absolute legends.

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I was in PA for about 8 years before moving back to MI a few years ago. I'll never forget watching the Lions-Eagles game at work that year, and how the Slay INT secured that win for the Lions. The guys at work were pissed.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I’m getting flashbacks to how many hours I played NHL 96 as a child with all these names 

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Oh my goodness... the degree of difficulty on that trade. Not only did you find Josh, but you got a deal worked out.

josh and i are bros, but its a super generous deal too. i didnt try to swindle him

• Like 1