Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

20 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Or you could go borderline experimental with it!

worst case scenario, you lose but right now youre only one game out from the 2nd pick so theres a silver lining

I don't own my own first or second. There's literally no silver lining.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's super unlikely, but there is a path. (I think. I'm bad at math.) (Whoops. That rhymed. Uh... bath?) 

I'm in better shape competing with the Phoenix Rattlers than the Egypt Starfalls. If I win out (again, unlikely, as games against 6-7 Scranton, 8-5 Phoenix and 10-3 Nassau loom), I only need Phoenix to lose against either South Africa or Richmond.

Again, not likely at all, but it's something.

you're the only one who would own the tiebreaker

you have two ways in

1. You win out (which includes a win over Phoenix) AND Phoenix takes a 2nd L somewhere else
  2. You go 2-1 (which includes a win over Phoenix) AND Phoenix goes 0-3

it's unlikely, but in reality its 4 games that need to go your way, which is a low, but much higher than 0% chance

• Like 1

Just now, Tk3 said:

you're the only one who would own the tiebreaker

you have two ways in

1. You win out (which includes a win over Phoenix) AND Phoenix takes a 2nd L somewhere else
  2. You go 2-1 (which includes a win over Phoenix) AND Phoenix goes 0-3

it's unlikely, but in reality its 4 games that need to go your way, which is a low, but much higher than 0% chance

Tell us our ways in

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's super unlikely, but there is a path. (I think. I'm bad at math.) (Whoops. That rhymed. Uh... bath?) 

I'm in better shape competing with the Phoenix Rattlers than the Egypt Starfalls. If I win out (again, unlikely, as games against 6-7 Scranton, 8-5 Phoenix and 10-3 Nassau loom), I only need Phoenix to lose against either South Africa or Richmond.

Again, not likely at all, but it's something.

The only monkey wrench is that I have no idea what happens in 3+ team tiebreakers.. so maybe that complicates things in a way I frankly don't feel like I should take the time to deal with yet lol

Next week it PROBABLY clears up more, not gets more confused

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Tell us our ways in

There's too many game combinations to do something as clear as what I did for TL

But basically, you lose the tiebreaker to me, so it's going to be a lot harder to jump me.. you CAN take the tiebreaker over the Knights though, which is probably your way in.. but Knights have a tiebreaker over me, which I THINK screws you over if all 3 of us tie.. Although idk what happens if Mookie ties with us all (think having four 9-7 teams for example for 2 spots)

But basically, in most cases you need to go 3-0 in remaining games (should be a lock) or 2-1 in remaining games, and have a little bit of luck

Edited by Tk3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I don't own my own first or second. There's literally no silver lining.

I didn't realize this...

@Karnage84 going to end up with potentially two top 5 10 picks, mayhaps?

edit: nah.. Ruskie is having a disappointing season, but his pick isn't gonna be top 5

Edited by Tk3