Julio Jones on the Falcons: "I'm outta there, man"

11 hours ago, JJ6 said:

I wonder if San Fran would pull the trigger on something like Deebo + pick for Julio. Win/win for all parties involved imo if Julio is adamant on not coming back. 

Not exactly sure how this is a win for San Fran? 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

SF just gave up a lot of premium picks for Lance. It doesn't make sense to give up both a premium pick (2nd rounder) & a good young player for Julio. Should be one or the other. 

Also, the niners can't afford him unless they move on from Jimmy G. Warner is due for a new contract this year & Bosa next year. 

Edited by 49ersfan
7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not exactly sure how this is a win for San Fran? 

High cap cost.  At the end of his career.  High percentage he will be injured or not as productive as previous seasons.  Give up one or more of few remaining quality draft picks for next couple years, and a young talented player.  What's not to love?

• Like 1

AtlantaFalcons.com reports that ESPN has reported that the Atlanta Falcons have an offer on the table for a first-round pick in 2022.

Said Diana Russini of ESPN’s Get Up, “I was told the Atlanta Falcons have on the table right now from a team a first-round draft pick in the 2022 draft.” The Falcons have now told the world what Russini has been told.

But- but- but- but that's impossible!! NO TEAM would offer a first round pick!! How can this be?!!
  • Like 3
On 5/26/2021 at 4:34 PM, SweetFancyMoses said:

The Julio to Dallas rumors were moronic.  We dont have the cap space and WR is the deepest position on the team, so let's go get an expensive 32 year old.  Lol

I wasn't suggesting that you should trade for Julio.  I was just saying that I think the Cowboys could be good this year.

Interesting development. At first glance I thought it was a bluff to up the market, but if that were true and Atlanta settles for anything less, they’ll look like fools. 

If a first is on the table they should’ve pulled the trigger already.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Interesting development. At first glance I thought it was a bluff to up the market, but if that were true and Atlanta settles for anything less, they’ll look like fools. 

If a first is on the table they should’ve pulled the trigger already.

Yeah. I’ll believe a first when they announce the actual trade.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah. I’ll believe a first when they announce the actual trade.

It’s a risky bluff to make, if that’s what it is. Good luck explaining how that team’s 2nd rounder was more appealing to you than the 1st that was allegedly on the table. 

On 5/24/2021 at 1:49 PM, BayRaider said:

Likely not. They should though. But the Packer FO is too conservative to ever make such a move. 

I still hold firm that only a Super Bowl Contender should give up a 1st Round pick for him considering his age. The Patriots and Chargers, the two rumored teams, make no sense to me. They aren’t winning a chip this year, no chance. They likely aren’t winning one the year after that either. 

I hope the Raiders don’t trade for him either. We aren’t touching the Super Bowl, with Julio or without Julio. I mean, I’d give a 2nd in a heartbeat, but the Falcons are going to demand a 1st. 

Chargers make sense from the perspective of the goal isn’t to win a championship but to develop a fan base. A superstar quarterback goes a long way towards that goal and Julio Jones helps a quarterback tick upwards. Julio, KA13 & Mike Williams with Ekelor available as a safety valve will sell tickets and put stats up. Championship not in the equation Julio might make the Chargers more long term money then a first round pick. 

4 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I dont understand staying with Matt Ryan, then trading Julio Jones.  If you're gonna blow it up, you should have taken a qb or traded down instead of taking Pitts, and amassed picks to rebuild. 

Atlanta can’t afford to. 

Trading Ryan before the draft would leave them with $65M on the books. Post June 1st, $25M this year and $40M next year. They’d have to get astronomical value in order to eat those hits (which I don’t even think they could, if they wanted and were motivated to). That, or agree to have the team eat a bunch of money, which would lower the picks Atlanta would get in return. 

On 5/26/2021 at 5:35 PM, SweetFancyMoses said:

That would win the NFC East by 3 games 

There's gotta be some BS tie somewhere :)