Julio Jones on the Falcons: "I'm outta there, man"

Turnobili

3 hours ago, Forge said:

That is a pretty good offer though. I agree that love doesn't really work, but all things considered, the value is solid

The value is trash..

Lets say you buy an expensive high end car for amount X first hand. What happens with the value of that car just driving out of the driveway of the dealership? Value goes down by at least 20%. (And sure, if that cars turns out to be a classic you can recoup that if not make money of it. But that is a big gamble).

Now lets look at Jordan Love; afaik no media uproar that team Y or Z was mad that the Packers selected him, no tidbits about how he was a generational prospect. And everything that has happened since then has only devalued his stock. Tbh if I look at Love I look at damaged goods. Honestly I'd rather roll with AJ McCarron at this point if that means not giving up any assets.

Edited by DutchFalcon

39 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

The value is trash..

Lets say you buy an expensive high end car for amount X first hand. What happens with the value of that car just driving out of the driveway of the dealership? Value goes down by at least 20%. (And sure, if that cars turns out to be a classic you can recoup that if not make money of it. But that is a big gamble).

Now lets look at Jordan Love; afaik no media uproar that team Y or Z was mad that the Packers selected him, no tidbits about how he was a generational prospect. And everything that has happened since then has only devalued his stock. Tbh if I look at Love I look at damaged goods. Honestly I'd rather roll with AJ McCarron at this point if that means not giving up any assets.

That's comparable to two seconds I'd say (in a vacuum). I think someone would give up a two for Love.  That's good for julio. Value wise, I don't think you're getting much more than that. Even if it's a late first, you can debate which is more valuable (two seconds, late first). So the value is fine in a vacuum, just not a preferred option.

Hell, bill barnwell advocated for trading love for julio straight up. Personally, I just am not in a hurry to move off Ryan at the current point in time so love doesn't make a ton of sense to me if I'm Atlanta. But if Julio was in Washington? I'd make that deal in a heartbeat

4 minutes ago, Riftty said:

If it's true that it won't take a first to get Julio, then I wouldn't be shocked if the Rams made a move to get him.

Jones/Kupp/Woods/Jackson would be interesting.....

According to russini, they do have an offer that includes a future first round pick

I fully expect the Rams defense to regress from #1 to likely 8-12 next season. With that said, if the Rams can pull of Julio Jones we will have a top 3 offense and should be neck and neck with the Bucs/Chiefs.

Make it happen, Lester P. Snead. And in true Snead fashion, I announce our battle cry of "F&ck Them Picks"!

2022 4th +2024 1st for Julio.  Get it done. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

👀👀👀

Every other day its "Patriots are favorites", "Rams are the favorites", "Vegas emerges as the best bet to land Julio", and now "Titans deal will happen". I dont think anyone actually knows anything lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Every other day its "Patriots are favorites", "Rams are the favorites", "Vegas emerges as the best bet to land Julio", and now "Titans deal will happen". I dont think anyone actually knows anything lol

Sounds similar to the 49ers last draft situation... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

It's especially bad in the Titans case given how little info is ever leaked from this organization.

Ever since the team hired Jim Wyatt away from the Tennessean, any consistently trustworthy leaks/sources dried up. I've yet to see a single reporter consistently get anything right with sources or leaks regarding the Titans since that happened, he was the only guy that had trustworthy sources in the organization.

Any leaks about the Titans and Julio are almost certainly coming from Julio's side/agent/etc, if they actually exist at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

👀👀👀

All this means to me is nfl people are guessing at where he's going to go. Don't think there's anything to it. Basically florio or whomever asking execs, "where do you think he ends up?". Three days ago it was being reported that he's a long shot to go to Tennessee. 

Id love for the Rams to trade for Julio. We havent had that caliber of a receiver since Holt back in the day. Julio paired up with the mastermind McVay and Stafford ability to throw the ball is literally scary hours lol. As I said in "Rams Thread", Snead was with the Falcons when they traded up to get Julio in the draft. Coincidentally it was after the Falcons lost to the Packers in the playoffs and they realized they need more weapons on offense if they want to seriously compete for a championship. Rams got beat by the Packers in the playoffs and Snead and McVay are thinking if they seriously want to compete for a championship and get by the Bucs they cant do it with Goff and so they went and got Stafford and they need arguably the best receiver in the NFL when he is healthy in Julio. Plus Morris has a connection with Julio too so Im sure he is pounding the table to try to bring him in.

With all that said I dont think the Rams will end up getting Julio. Its not a necessity because the Rams are set at receiver with Kupp, Woods, DJax, Jefferson, and Tutu. I personally dont want Julio in the NFCW playing with the Seahawks or Niners. Ill be rooting for him to go to the Pats or Titans IF the Rams dont end up with him. But truly all this shows is the Rams continue to be all in and I love it. Draft picks have been made to be more precious than they really are. The great front offices can maneuver around the draft to coup picks and with great scouting can find steals in the draft or just find players that the coaches can develop into good if not great players. The Rams arent going into the draft hoping that their 1st round pick in the 20s or later hit. They will go trade for an already stud like Stafford and Ramsey or try to get someone like Julio that will help them win right now. Again I love that. Lets get this done Snead lol.