Julio Jones on the Falcons: "I'm outta there, man"

Turnobili

22 hours ago, Riftty said:

And it's exactly why they're the best division in football, Challenge builds greatness. As much as I dislike the 9ers and hawks, I respect them and it's fun to watch the power struggle year in and year out.

It's basically a arms race at this point.

Big talk for a division with one super bowl win this millennia.

5 hours ago, Duluther said:

Guess it's not too late to gear up for another 7-9 NFC West Champ based on this "best division" rhetoric. Bad luck Stafford tears something, Metcalf and Adams tear something else, Murray flops and is another RGIII in Zona. San Fran wins it with the rookie QB coming in relief at 7-9. 

On 5/31/2021 at 3:24 PM, JBURGE said:

The Packers could make it work this year if Rodgers' new contract would fit it in. Same with Davante,but doesn't look like anything will happen with Rodgers in time for this anyway. But yeah, our 2022 cap looks really bad. We have a lot to shed next year. 

Also, Love + a 2nd no thanks. Looking like a straight 2nd might not even happen for Atlanta. 

How ?

We are extremely tight against the cap this year. We probably need to shift about another 5m cap space this year as things stand.

So, we need to move about 20m of Rodgers money into the future ?

And then in 2022 ?   We currently have the worst cap position in the NFL next year. You chuck another 15m on top for Julio. And all of that Rodgers money you kicked into the future to pay for Julio in 2021.   The Packers cap status for 2022 would look a typo.

Its probably viable if we literally gut the roster of all high earners in 2022.  Or Rodgers plays for vet minimum or something. Otherwise utterly unrealistic.

20 hours ago, Duluther said:

Technically it was the year 2000 when the Rams won the Super Bowl. But discounting that:

NFC East - 3

NFC South - 3

NFC West - 1

NFC North - 1

Patriots - 6

AFC North - 4

AFC West - 2

AFC South - 1

If we look at Super Bowl appearances it's a different story - and relevant because it indicates whether a division had a Super Bowl contender. Also, looking at the 6 Super Bowl losses for the NFCW is a collection of some astounding bad luck, with the Cardinals, Seahawks and Niners leading in the fourth quarter and the Rams tied with the Patriots in the fourth quarter of both games.

Super Bowl appearances:

NFC East - 5

NFC South - 6

NFC West - 7

NFC North - 2

Patriots - 9

AFC North - 5

AFC West - 4

AFC South - 2

None of which has anything to actually do with the NFC West being the best division in the NFL and possibly NFL history this season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

How ?

We are extremely tight against the cap this year. We probably need to shift about another 5m cap space this year as things stand.

So, we need to move about 20m of Rodgers money into the future ?

And then in 2022 ?   We currently have the worst cap position in the NFL next year. You chuck another 15m on top for Julio. And all of that Rodgers money you kicked into the future to pay for Julio in 2021.   The Packers cap status for 2022 would look a typo.

Its probably viable if we literally gut the roster of all high earners in 2022.  Or Rodgers plays for vet minimum or something. Otherwise utterly unrealistic.

Rodgers has a $14.7M salary this season, if they were to spread that over the 3 remaining years then they would save about $9.7M off 2021 cap. This doesn't include adding extra years in an extension and spreading it out more. 

Davante has a $12m salary this season, which if he's extended could be spread out over the length of the deal. 

Julio could be traded for and restructure his contract to push salary out.

There are ways, but our 2022 cap is a mess I don't think they'd do it anyway

4 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

The one thing i don't understand about that article is if the assumption is they would only be giving a 2nd rounder for Julio.  Then i don't see how the Titans would be the front runners there as their are plenty of other teams that you would almost guarantee get a better higher 2nd round pick from.  The Titans with Julio is a playoff team making that almost a 3rd round pick.   The Jets, Raiders, Bears, Eagles, Detroit, and possibly the Patriots all should have expectations of a higher 2nd round pick than the titans.  So you would take their deals 1st for a single 2nd rounder before the titans.   Now if it's a 2nd round pick + a solid player from the titans coming back then i could see it but for a single 2nd round pick the titans, 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams would not be in the running of who the Falcons should choose from.

36 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

The one thing i don't understand about that article is if the assumption is they would only be giving a 2nd rounder for Julio.  Then i don't see how the Titans would be the front runners there as their are plenty of other teams that you would almost guarantee get a better higher 2nd round pick from.  The Titans with Julio is a playoff team making that almost a 3rd round pick.   The Jets, Raiders, Bears, Eagles, Detroit, and possibly the Patriots all should have expectations of a higher 2nd round pick than the titans.  So you would take their deals 1st for a single 2nd rounder before the titans.   Now if it's a 2nd round pick + a solid player from the titans coming back then i could see it but for a single 2nd round pick the titans, 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams would not be in the running of who the Falcons should choose from.

what are your thoughts on the reported Sony, Nkeal, and a 2nd from the Patriots?

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

2nd+Deebo for Julio? 

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Now if it's a 2nd round pick + a solid player from the titans coming back then i could see it but for a single 2nd round pick the titans, 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams would not be in the running of who the Falcons should choose from.

Part of this is also making the claim that the team is "doing right by Julio" by sending him to a competetive squad...

... but I actually think that sort of team fluff is a false flag and they're trying to get additional picks out of the deal. As you said, a 2RD from NYJ is worth more than a 2RD from Tennessee; So, it only makes sense for Tennessee to add in a 4th and maybe a conditional 3rd in 2023 to offset the loss in slotting from that NYJ pick.

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

what are your thoughts on the reported Sony, Nkeal, and a 2nd from the Patriots?

Im actually not to against that actually it's probably not my favorite offer but if we ended up with it i wouldn't complain to much at all. 

This would be my offer to the Titans and give them 3 options to choose from

1.  1st round pick

2. 2nd round pick + Kristian Fulton

3. 3rd round pick + Kristian Fulton + Rashaan Evans. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

2nd+Deebo for Julio? 

So we would have a Debo on defense and a Deebo on offense? 

Don't hate this one either but i like the patriots offer earlier better i think if those would be actual offers we would be getting from teams.