Julio Jones on the Falcons: "I'm outta there, man"

Turnobili

38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Part of this is also making the claim that the team is "doing right by Julio" by sending him to a competetive squad...

... but I actually think that sort of team fluff is a false flag and they're trying to get additional picks out of the deal. As you said, a 2RD from NYJ is worth more than a 2RD from Tennessee; So, it only makes sense for Tennessee to add in a 4th and maybe a conditional 3rd in 2023 to offset the loss in slotting from that NYJ pick.

Yeah im not buying that fluff either when it would come to 2 teams that far apart in the 2nd round.  I would say if we got 2 offers from maybe the ravens and the Titans for a 2nd rounder + a player or a 1st rounder with no player extra.  Then you realistically think both of those teams should be close in draft capital and thats when you go to Julio and ask him where he prefers to go as a good faith effort for a guy you have had for so long and i feel teams would do that on very close value.  But not on a pick at the beginning of round 1 which is pretty much a late 1st where most late 1st round talent guys fall to alot.  and a 2nd round pick thats expected to be last 5 picks or so almost a 3rd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

The one thing i don't understand about that article is if the assumption is they would only be giving a 2nd rounder for Julio.  Then i don't see how the Titans would be the front runners there as their are plenty of other teams that you would almost guarantee get a better higher 2nd round pick from.  The Titans with Julio is a playoff team making that almost a 3rd round pick.   The Jets, Raiders, Bears, Eagles, Detroit, and possibly the Patriots all should have expectations of a higher 2nd round pick than the titans.  So you would take their deals 1st for a single 2nd rounder before the titans.   Now if it's a 2nd round pick + a solid player from the titans coming back then i could see it but for a single 2nd round pick the titans, 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams would not be in the running of who the Falcons should choose from.

Detroit is not trading for Julio. I know everyone thinks Detroit HAS to get WRs immediately, but they are rebuilding. This is the tear down year. They are not trading valuable draft capital for a 30+ yr old WR who is owed alot of money. Even a WR as great as Julio. It just doesn't help them. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Way too much for me

I mean Deebo and a 3rd? We're not going to give Deebo a 2nd contract in all likelihood and he's just as injury prone as Julio so I would definitely do that trade. Julio and Baby Julio on the same team? With Kittle? Lawd have mercy! 

I love Deebo, but after Allbright's comments and other stuff about the coaches being frustrated at him being unable to keep his weight in check, clearly he is not in the long-term plans.

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Where is this injury prone talk coming from? 24 games in 10 years and 6 of them came last year. He’s missed 9 games in the past 5 years.

It's recency bias. And what everyone is missing is if it wasn't for the Falcons poor outlook last season, I'm confident he would've battled through the hamstring injury. Shutting him down was the smart move. There's no incentive to playing him, other than personal stats.