Julio Jones on the Falcons: "I'm outta there, man"

Turnobili

7 hours ago, scar988 said:

Reported from who? 

And I'd throw Sony out of the deal and ask for Damien Harris instead. 

Zero chance of that. Sony's a good back but he's expendable. Harris is a young back on a rookie deal who is likely going to be the feature RB entering the season for them. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The market isn't really that great for a trade right now. You have an older WR going into year 1 who has started getting injuries along with 3 years on that contract. They might be better off waiting until the season when a team might be more desperate for a WR. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That had to be a troll offer from some team O.o  No way in heck i would trade Julio for a mid round pick and us actually pay some of the salary.  I would hang up on that dude and tell him never to call back and just keep julio for that.  If our front office takes a deal like that then their extremely stupid and im gonna start treating them like texans fans treated their front office the last few years.  

5 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

That had to be a troll offer from some team O.o  No way in heck i would trade Julio for a mid round pick and us actually pay some of the salary.  I would hang up on that dude and tell him never to call back and just keep julio for that.  If our front office takes a deal like that then their extremely stupid and im gonna start treating them like texans fans treated their front office the last few years.  

I don't think he's getting a ton. I think it's second round value with a sweetener

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't think he's getting a ton. I think it's second round value with a sweetener

I feel it's a 2nd round pick + a player which is probably about similar to your value as well a 2nd + sweetener which the sweetener could be a solid player that might not be quite as needed on their current team if that position is loaded with talent already but would have a solid spot with us at like CB or something.   

But dude a mid round pick like a 3rd or 4th and we have to eat some cash instead of them taking it all?   Thats just dumb for our front office to even consider.  We would be better off just running it back with Julio and the crew and seeing what this offense can really do. 

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Yeah, exactly. In that case, you keep Julio until the deadline and restructure Grady. 

And if the Falcons are say, 5-2 or 6-1 at the deadline, Julio may just say, "I'm good. No trade needed."

11 hours ago, lancerman said:

Zero chance of that. Sony's a good back but he's expendable. Harris is a young back on a rookie deal who is likely going to be the feature RB entering the season for them. 

The market isn't really that great for a trade right now. You have an older WR going into year 1 who has started getting injuries along with 3 years on that contract. They might be better off waiting until the season when a team might be more desperate for a WR. 

Atlanta ain't taking on a good bit of Julio's salary if the point of trading him is to get rid of the salary. So that makes no sense to them. That 1 team isn't in it and is leaking info to try and lower the price for themselves.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Yeah, exactly. In that case, you keep Julio until the deadline and restructure Grady. 

And if the Falcons are say, 5-2 or 6-1 at the deadline, Julio may just say, "I'm good. No trade needed."

Exactly if we gave him the option of staying here or getting traded to say the jags or jets just starting a rebuild because they had the best offer even if it wasn't a super great offer.  Then if he wants to win that badly i imagine he rather stay here instead of going to a full rebuild.   To this day i haven't once heard from julio's mouth say he hated being here or didn't want to be here.  He said he was out of here and that could be because he already knew the front office was in deep conversations about moving him for cap relief and they told him that was their move.    But if they don't get anything worth their time they can decide not to move him if he's not disgruntled which as of yet he hasn't said anything negative about anyone.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Atlanta ain't taking on a good bit of Julio's salary if the point of trading him is to get rid of the salary. So that makes no sense to them. That 1 team isn't in it and is leaking info to try and lower the price for themselves.

And that’s why they aren’t going to get a blow away offer. Jones is talent is countered by the age and contract risk