Julio Jones on the Falcons: "I'm outta there, man"

Turnobili

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm trying to think of a team with a need at WR and with the resources needed to make such a move, and NYJ comes to mind. 

Julio only has value to a team that can compete

Do the Jets legitimately think they are that team?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Lol, they want a first round pick??

You're seriously overvaluing first round picks if you think it's ludicrous for any team to consider such a move. I feel like any team in a position to compete that wants Julio would part with a first rounder without a second thought. 

1 hour ago, DutchFalcon said:

Shame, would have liked to see him be a Falcon for life.

Maybe I'm dumb but what are the chances of this having legal ramifications? Maybe it was already common knowledge in the FO's of the rest of the league that it was Julio that requested the trade, if not so then Atlanta just got their position ruined by one phonecall, one in which Shannon didn't seem to disclose that Julio was on live TV. Converting picks into monetary value would be hard but it's hard to argue the Falcons just lost value over this. I could also imagine JJ having a non-disclosure agreement about these kind of things in his contract.

There are zero legal ramifications as it relates to the Falcons, unless the idea would be that there's something illegal about Julio Jones publicly demanding a trade (there's not).

If Julio didn't know he was on live tv this might at least cause some headaches for FOX's legal department in terms of whether Julio can bring something against them, but even then given he was talking to a prominent media personality during the hours of his show so he didn't necessarily have a right to assume his converation was off-the-record, so I'm not sure whether a complaint would really stick. But either way the Falcons certainly aren't in a position to claim damages here. 

7 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You're seriously overvaluing first round picks if you think it's ludicrous for any team to consider such a move. I feel like any team in a position to compete that wants Julio would part with a first rounder without a second thought. 

Uh huh. Sure lol

No team is going to trade a FRP for a 32 yo WR with recent injury history, dwindling performance and cap hits of $23, $19, and $19mil over the next three seasons.

It would take at least a first round pick from Atlanta in order for me to take on that contract.

So: Julio Jones, 2022 1sr round pick for a 7th round pick or something. I'd think about it then.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Julio only has value to a team that can compete

Do the Jets legitimately think they are that team?

I don't think they're going into it as if they're not competetive - they're high on Selah making chicken salad out of chicken you know what on defense, and hope that Zach Wilson has a Justin Herbert impact.

With three wildcards at stake, it's doable.

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm trying to think of a team with a need at WR and with the resources needed to make such a move, and NYJ comes to mind. 

This undoubtedly makes the falcons worse this year, and makes me sad as its the end of an era, but if its coming its coming. The jets make sense, and Im likely biased but Jameson Crowder (who is somehwat redundant) with the Jets paying half the salary, and a 2nd for Julio and a 4th seems liek a good deal. ESPN "predicted" the jags sending shenault and a 2nd for Julio which seems like a great deal. The biigest issue is if Julios gone, Atlanta doesnt really have a reliable 2nd outside WR. 

• Like 1

Anyone who gives up a 1st for a 32 year old WR coming off injury, uhhhhh….

He likely has one elite year left and two solid years after that. 

Perhaps a Super Bowl contender might give up a 1st such as the Packers. I think the Packers make the most sense as they should go all-in this year if they keep Rodgers. Now or never for them. It would also keep ARod happy. 

It would also make sense for the Colts, Bills, Dolphins, and Titans 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Anyone who gives up a 1st for a 32 year old WR coming off injury, uhhhhh….

He likely has one elite year left and two solid years after that. 

Perhaps a Super Bowl contender might give up a 1st such as the Packers. I think the Packers make the most sense as they should go all-in this year if they keep Rodgers. Now or never for them. It would also keep ARod happy. 

It would also make sense for the Colts, Bills, Dolphins, and Titans 

No. There's literally no way in hell this would ever happen. 

Just now, ReadyToThump said:

No. There's literally no way in hell this would ever happen. 

Likely not. They should though. But the Packer FO is too conservative to ever make such a move. 

I still hold firm that only a Super Bowl Contender should give up a 1st Round pick for him considering his age. The Patriots and Chargers, the two rumored teams, make no sense to me. They aren’t winning a chip this year, no chance. They likely aren’t winning one the year after that either. 

I hope the Raiders don’t trade for him either. We aren’t touching the Super Bowl, with Julio or without Julio. I mean, I’d give a 2nd in a heartbeat, but the Falcons are going to demand a 1st. 

2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

fwiw Julio Jones was spotted at Logan Airport in Boston

63b33b5e4700236be2395344201c7475.jpg

This makes no sense. Why waste your final years with Cam Newton and Mac Jones? Also Bellichick has failed that offensive roster year after year. I’d run far away if I’m Julio. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Likely not. They should though. But the Packer FO is too conservative to ever make such a move. 

I still hold firm that only a Super Bowl Contender should give up a 1st Round pick for him considering his age. The Patriots and Chargers, the two rumored teams, make no sense to me. They aren’t winning a chip this year, no chance. They likely aren’t winning one the year after that either. 

I hope the Raiders don’t trade for him either. We aren’t touching the Super Bowl, with Julio or without Julio. I mean, I’d give a 2nd in a heartbeat, but the Falcons are going to demand a 1st. 

There's just no way we could afford him. 

I do have to say prime Julio with Rodgers would've been so fun to watch.