Julio Jones on the Falcons: "I'm outta there, man"

Turnobili

3 hours ago, Tk3 said:

If I'm a team that thinks we are picking in the bottom 5 or so picks, and I think an elite WR will get me over the top - then I'm willing to pay that late 1st for him

The Titans, Colts, and Ravens should be tripping over themselves to give a 1st for him, if he is interested in going there

The Packers should pay the 1st if Aaron Rodgers would stay

The Chargers should consider it

The Browns should consider it

The 49ers should consider it

Hell, I'm a Bills fan, and WE should consider it also

The Chargers have enough receivers. They don’t need an old expensive one

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

The Chargers have enough receivers. They don’t need an old expensive one

Was just my opinion that the gap between Julio and Mike Williams + co is significant

Herbert/Julio/Allen with Ekelar at running back is an elite offensive group IMO

If it’s would make Rodgers stay, GB makes sense. KC has the need at WR but not the cap space. Tampa doesn’t make sense IMO. Buffalo would be a good spot if they can afford it. 

My money would be on GB or KC if Julio agrees to a new team friendly deal. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I'm missing something- why does he want to leave Atlanta in the first place?

No idea. Doesn’t make much sense to me. I had Atlanta pegged as a wildcard team. That offense would of been Top 5 if Julio stays. And their young defense started geling the second half of the season. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No idea. Doesn’t make much sense to me. I had Atlanta pegged as a wildcard team. That offense would of been Top 5 if Julio stays. And their young defense started geling the second half of the season. 

I agree

Falcons had easy top 5 offense potential, and with 7 team playoffs, I think they have a pretty good shot at it with those weapons

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They've been pegged like this for the last 5 new seasons....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Uh huh. Sure lol

No team is going to trade a FRP for a 32 yo WR with recent injury history, dwindling performance and cap hits of $23, $19, and $19mil over the next three seasons.

It would take at least a first round pick from Atlanta in order for me to take on that contract.

So: Julio Jones, 2022 1sr round pick for a 7th round pick or something. I'd think about it then.

Jones cap hit for a new team would be 

2021 = $15.3

2022 =  $11.5

2023 = $11.5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Anyone who gives up a 1st for a 32 year old WR coming off injury, uhhhhh….

He likely has one elite year left and two solid years after that. 

Perhaps a Super Bowl contender might give up a 1st such as the Packers. I think the Packers make the most sense as they should go all-in this year if they keep Rodgers. Now or never for them. It would also keep ARod happy. 

It would also make sense for the Colts, Bills, Dolphins, and Titans 

you need to find $15M in cap space on the GB roster to make this happen

59 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This makes no sense. Why waste your final years with Cam Newton and Mac Jones? Also Bellichick has failed that offensive roster year after year. I’d run far away if I’m Julio. 

Players love Cam. He's probably been one of the most popular QB's amongst players since he's been in the league. Through all his ups and downs. Also say what you want about Belichick but he's the most renowned coach in the league, consistently puts together a top tier defense, and his team is always well prepared and competes, something that you can't say about the Falcons recently... and if you are Julio, their biggest need was WR and he's Julio Jones. 

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Jones cap hit for a new team would be 

2021 = $15.3

2022 =  $11.5

2023 = $11.5

See, this is the main reason I think he ends up staying in Atlanta.

The number of teams that have that much space and actually could have enough use out of a 32 year old receiver to do it is small.

Titans board thinks everything everywhere is a sign of him coming to TN, but they’re also only 3 million under the cap.

Furthermore, I wouldn’t see the wisdom in making the cuts/restructures it would take to get him in, and giving up a draft pick, when they could have just resigned Corey Davis for the same money, and get a younger guy already familiar with the system and personnel.

Edited by Daniel