What’s the best/worst case scenario for your team this season?

Packers:

Best:  Jordan Love looks like the future and we are in contention for the division title.  9 to 11 wins

Worst:  Jordan Love is not ready and the Packers struggle to a 6 win season.

Posted (edited)

Dolphins

Best: 12-5. Tua helps turn Miami's offense around, the defense builds on an impressive showing last year, and we split with Buffalo. San Fran wins 3 games leaving us with a top 5 pick.

Worst: 6-11. Tua looks worse than last year, top receivers get injured, the OL doesn't improve, and the defense regresses. Trey Lance leads SF to the playoffs. 

Edited by Ajayii
On 5/24/2021 at 2:20 PM, August4th said:

Steelers

11-6. 1-1 in the playoffs

6-11. would be worth it if we end up in the a good spot to take Ben's replacement in the draft

This is close to mine.

I said 7 wins as worst with 10 wins and MAYBE a playoff win being the best case.

6 would be if the running game didnt improve at all and Ben had to throw a ton again....and the defense notably regresses.    

If I had to throw up a straight up prediction right now, Id say 8-9 with a several close games that we lose due to inability to close out.  

Best Case Scenario: Herbert makes a mahomes second year progression and the ChargIRs curse is broken. Offense stays healthy and productive but the Derwin James led defense finally hits it’s stride. 

Worst case Scenario: Herbert has sophomore slump that leaves us scratching our head on if he is a franchise guy. End up with a draft pick outside the top ten But no playoffs. 

• Like 1
On 5/29/2021 at 5:12 AM, 43M said:

This is close to mine.

I said 7 wins as worst with 10 wins and MAYBE a playoff win being the best case.

6 would be if the running game didnt improve at all and Ben had to throw a ton again....and the defense notably regresses.    

If I had to throw up a straight up prediction right now, Id say 8-9 with a several close games that we lose due to inability to close out.  

No Way Smh GIF by SportsManias

2 hours ago, Soggust said:

No Way Smh GIF by SportsManias

Haha....thats pretty funny.

Do you actually have an argument, or did you just want to use that gif?

Best case: Back half of 2020 Baker shows up, the Browns talented roster lives up to the hype, OBJ returns to even 90% of his former self, and they put it all together to make a Super Bowl run.

Worst case: A revamped Cincinnati Bengals team with a brutal AFC/AFC North and am inconsistent Baker makes the Browns wallow in the 7-8 win range.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2021 at 6:12 AM, 43M said:

This is close to mine.

You can win the super bowl if the offensive line improves. You’d have to be like the 2015-2016 Denver Broncos carrying a hobbled QB.

I think Ben is completely done physically, but not the roster as a whole.

Edited by candyman93
On 5/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, ET80 said:

Texans:

Best case: 0-17, picking 1.1, everyone gets fired.

Worst case: 0-17, picking 1.1, nobody gets fired.

(I'm expecting worse).

Not giving them much faith at all :( They might win 1 game possibly :V

Best: Sam Darnold proves he wasn't the problem in New York, excels with a great supporting cast and OC.  ~10 wins.

Worst: Sam Darnold proves he was part of the problem in New York, flops; young, defensive talent doesn't live up to its potential... ~5 wins.

God Tier Best Case Scenario:

Chargers return to San Diego and Dean Spanos and his children are kicked off forever. 

Patrick Mahomes is caught in a major fraud scam and immediately proven guilty and banned from the league. League punishes Chiefs by removing Andy Reid from them.

Raiders are found guilty of being actual Raiders. Immediately removed from existance.

Denver Broncos trade a record 10 years worth of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers but due to a error all of the picks are given to the Chargers. Aaron Rodgers upon finding out that Broncos traded for him for but got him free and is insulted and immediately retires. 

Oh yeah and we win a Super Bowl yeah

For the Raiders obviously 

Best - 11-6, playoff winner via a wildcard (Even in our best case scenario it's the Chiefs division by default until proven otherwise or their team losses some key components). This would take a few things working out in our favor, and ALL would have to happen, not just one or two. First, the most important position in all of sports would need to come through for our franchise and play as consistently good as he has been the past couple seasons for the first 10 games or so over the entire 17. Derek Carr IMO is a guy that is underrated by a lot of fans. If I ranked QBs, I would probably have him right around the 12th best QB in football. However I will fully acknowledge that he didn't play to that level in 2017 or 2018. 2019 he took a step back towards 2016 DC, and this past season I would argue what he did given each situation he was pretty close to 2016 level, and perhaps a little better in some areas, he was a little more consistent at his best. But the big difference is, DC in 2016 got better seemingly every week. The past 2 seasons he has started off playing great, and the team was battling for a playoff spot after the first 10 or so games, and then the back half of the season comes and DC's play takes a dip and the team struggles mightily and ends up 7-9 and 8-8. Our best will require DC to give us the same level play from start to finish. Going hand and hand with Carr's ability to preform over the entire season will be the almost entirely revamped OL. Kolton Miller returns at LT, Richie returns after a great 2019 but missed almost the entire 2020 season with an achilles. Andre James was someone the staff apparently believes can play decent enough football to make losing Hudson the right call not because he will be as good but because resources are better used elsewhere. Good is back and will be given the chance to start at the other OG spot unless 2nd year 4th round pick John Simpson beats him out (that is what the staff is really hoping for) but Good is a solid starter if he gets the job. And then at RT you have much talked about, reach Alex Leatherwood. A lot of terrific athletic tools, started a lot of games at the powerhouse Alabama, is the guy they believed in the most among the tackles, he will start at RT and will have to prove he can give us at least solid play. The good news is RT was a mess last season with Trent Brown basically not playing and Sam Young playing a lot. Good has also started at RT and played well for us in the past. Every QB needs protection to play their best, but we have a long history of knowing Derek Carr can look like one of the best QBs in football if you give him good protection. If you don't? He looks equally as bad. But perhaps even more important is the new OL being any good at run blocking. Last year wasn't even really good in that area and our offense functions best when Josh Jacobs can keep us in front of the chains and control T.O.P. and keep the defense off the field. Drake giving a high end #2 will make that more sustainable over a season if the OL can do their job. The last thing I'll touch on is the defense as a whole. It's been so bad for so long. Last year it was a train wreck. The offense was good enough to play with/even outplay some of tbe best teams in the league, but the defense being so bad made the offense margin for error tiny. The DL needs to create more pressure with the addition of Yannick, we need someone to step up and give some interior pressure in the group of Ferrell, Jefferson, Thomas, etc. And the DBs that have had a ton invested in them in terms of high picks needs to show signs of real progress from guys like Abram, Mullen, Moehrig, Arnette, and so on. 

Worst Case - 5-12, and even with a down year the coaching staff and front office stays in tact - If the rebuilt OL struggles mightily and cannot pass protect or open up holes for the running game we could see a Derrick Carr only slightly better than the DC of 17-19 (probably not quite as worse because of his familiarity with the system) over the entire course of the season, which would in turn make Henry Ruggs breaking out rather unlikely especially with bad pass blocking for his huge plays, the bad OL would also keep the Jacobs with less than ideal efficiency like last season over the back his rookie year that looked like he could be one of the best in football. And with all the questions on defense if everything goes wrong on offense the defense is guaranteed to show virtually zero improvement because they will be tasked with being on the field for long stretches, never getting opportunities to play with a lead and really get after QBs, they will likely see regularly bad field position, etc. I still think an injury to DC would be devastating but not take us to a 1-4 win team just because I think Mariota could give us better play than most backups and actually bring some new wrinkles to the offense. Losing someone like Waller for any length of time though would have a huge impact on wins and losses. If this team regresses (or really IMO doesn't show SOME improvement), Mayock needs to be shown the door, and Gruden probably should too but would get one more year. So the worst case would be to totally collapse, fall back to a 4 or 5 win team and bring back the exact same front office that will now have had 4 seasons to show they have things going in the right direction. 

Best - Fields outgunned Dalton and starts day one, plays well and gets adjusted to the speed of the game as the season wears on. Looks like the franchise guy from his first snap to the last of the season. ARob publicly claims to want to retire a Bears and has a hell of a season. We get to the playoffs.

Worst - Dalton plays until the Bears are eliminated from playoff contention, Fields gets thrown in an injury decimated offense and gets David Carr treatment. 

best case for the titans is a super bowl. we have a really talented roster and potentially one of the best offenses in the league, with a significantly retooled defense that could make a leap forward. IF, IF, most or all things go as they should, we will be one of the best teams in the afc and contend for a title.

worst case is injuries, regression from our difference makers (particularly henry), and/or our defensive renovation falling flat and having another year of one of the worst defenses in football. i'd say about 6-11 if things go really disastrously.

I feel like best case for KC has to be undefeated and winning the superbowl. My reflex is to think even stating that as a possibility is over-confident, but, it just seems like the accurate answer.

Worst case depends on what we're talking about here. Obviously like, a trio of like Mahomes/Kelce/Jones injuries or something would derail the season spectacularly. But if we're assuming normal injury occurrences, I really don't see something worse than like a 10-7 wildcard berth happening.