Anyone else think the Steelers should’ve signed Ryan Kerrigan?

turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I think the Steelers would’ve take my Samuel Cosmi in round 2 instead of Pat F but, Washington took Cosmi before the Steelers could.

Teams have varying grades on players and the Steelers stay true to their board.   I have zero idea what their big board looked like, but for all we know, they couldve had a 4th round grade on Cosmi.    

If, in fact, they did want Cosmi (or Radunz), then they were idiots for not trading up a few spots.    I personally believe they had Friermuth rated pretty high though.   He is a pretty safe pick to be decent and should contribute immediately, and I dont think many viewed Cosmi as a plug and play LT.  

If they werent in win now mode, I think the Steelers big board wouldve been somewhat different.    This felt like they were focusing on getting immediate contributors on offense to help Ben....at least the first 3 rounds.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 5:14 AM, turtle28 said:

I think the Steelers would’ve take my Samuel Cosmi in round 2 instead of Pat F but, Washington took Cosmi before the Steelers could.

I don't think that they expected Pat F to be there.  I believe that they liked several OT's in this draft. Because of a lot of depth at OT, they didn't have to move up or rush a pick at OT. To @43M point, I think they are looking to make the last stand with Big Ben at QB or they would have moved up to grab Cosmi or Radnuz (if this was not such a deep year at OT and they thought they could be plug and play).

As things were going, I think they would have taken Notre Dame LB JOK over Pat F if both players were there had the Browns not jumped the Steelers. JOK is a Tomlin type pick and I think he was probably rated highest on their board (I'm guessing of course). Would have been pretty sick to see him on defense with Bush and company. Maybe in four years, we steal him from Cleveland when he's a free agent!

On 5/27/2021 at 6:36 AM, 43M said:

Teams have varying grades on players and the Steelers stay true to their board.   

I absolutely agree with you here. 

I have zero idea what their big board looked like, but for all we know, they could've had a 4th round grade on Cosmi.    

Yeah. This was a very rough year to evaluate talent (from a fan's perspective). No Combine and teams have players ranked all over the place. Interestingly enough, I have seen grades on Cosmi anywhere between round 1 and round 4 depending on which website or draft guru that you researched. I would not have been upset if he were a Steeler though. I had a second round grade on him, but I also had Pat F rated higher on my own personal board. 

If, in fact, they did want Cosmi (or Radunz), then they were idiots for not trading up a few spots.   

Only part I disagree unless they were just head over heels in love with one of these guys. Deep draft at OT with very close talent rankings. They got a player in the fourth round that some had a second round grade on. 

I personally believe they had Friermuth rated pretty high though.   He is a pretty safe pick to be decent and should contribute immediately, and I don't think many viewed Cosmi as a plug and play LT.  

Agree completely with you here as well. 

If they weren't in win now mode, I think the Steelers big board would've been somewhat different.    This felt like they were focusing on getting immediate contributors on offense to help Ben....at least the first 3 rounds.

I was a little shocked that they had Kendrick Green ranked over Quinn Meinerz. Some in the group hinted pre-draft that Green was a Steelers type of C. I must admit, I was looking for big road grader, but the more I see him, the more I like him. I honestly didn't do much research on him because he didn't fit what "I" was hoping for in OL shift to a more Bill Cowher type of OL. I wouldn't be surprised if all three of these guys are not contributing heavy early and eventually starting. I think Najee is a no brainer. Pat will be listed as TE2, but will play a lot in 2021 before taking over TE1 in 2022. Green may very well beat out Finney as Pouncey did as a rookie. 

37 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I don't think that they expected Pat F to be there.  I believe that they liked several OT's in this draft. Because of a lot of depth at OT, they didn't have to move up or rush a pick at OT. To @43M point, I think they are looking to make the last stand with Big Ben at QB or they would have moved up to grab Cosmi or Radnuz (if this was not such a deep year at OT and they thought they could be plug and play).

As things were going, I think they would have taken Notre Dame LB JOK over Pat F if both players were there had the Browns not jumped the Steelers. JOK is a Tomlin type pick and I think he was probably rated highest on their board (I'm guessing of course). Would have been pretty sick to see him on defense with Bush and company. Maybe in four years, we steal him from Cleveland when he's a free agent!

I was a little shocked that they had Kendrick Green ranked over Quinn Meinerz. Some in the group hinted pre-draft that Green was a Steelers type of C. I must admit, I was looking for big road grader, but the more I see him, the more I like him. I honestly didn't do much research on him because he didn't fit what "I" was hoping for in OL shift to a more Bill Cowher type of OL. I wouldn't be surprised if all three of these guys are not contributing heavy early and eventually starting. I think Najee is a no brainer. Pat will be listed as TE2, but will play a lot in 2021 before taking over TE1 in 2022. Green may very well beat out Finney as Pouncey did as a rookie. 

Yea I was fully expecting Meinherz over Green...too Much pre draft interest in him.

However I forgot asst OL coach ran Green through the OL drills at Illinois pro day. Shoulda been a clue they really liked him.

Edited by AFF
  • Like 2