Ravens 2021 OTAs & TC

DreamKid

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Here's to hoping that maybe Iman Marshall can fill that role. He has the size and athletic profile to do it. Just not the coverage talent.

Id look for Chris Westry over Marshall at this point. Apparently has had a really good camp, 6’4

1 hour ago, NYCRavensFlock said:

Someone (ideally a team leader like Calais or Marlon) really needs to tell Lamar to get vaccinated.  What if he gets reinfected and has to miss a playoff game? Completely unacceptable. 

To be fair, he can still be re infected with the vaccine. (I'm not antivax, I'm double vaxxed). I do think people should get vaccinated but in the end it is their choice. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Maybe though two things that I don’t think can be disputed are 1) Our IOL starting talent and depth is far better than last season and 2) Lamar Jackson is much more impacted by interior pressure than exterior pressure.

So while the OT talent is likely going to see a potential decline, that impact to the overall quality of the OL in protecting Lamar should still result in a net gain considering teams can’t be as aggressive along the outside or risk giving Lamar the kind of green that can lead to a momentous contract extension for Lamar- midgame.

So all things considered if healthy our OL looks better than last year, if healthy IMO and if injuries occur, it should still look about as good or better considering the strength of our OL is the weakness of our QBs pocket presence and the weakness of our OL is our QBs strength. Whereas last year that was not the case.

I think that’s where we differ. I’m not going in automatically assuming Zeitler/Cleveland’s play (and health for the former) are going to represent a true upgrade without having seen them in a game. 

Agreed on OT situation being worse and quite frankly IMO is the most dire on the team.

Time will tell. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

WHAT IN THE WORLD OF GOOD NEWS IS THIS?!?!?!?

Honestly, put him on IR, let him get healthy, activate home for  8 games late in the season and playoffs. He can be our Roger Clemons at this point. Just have him healthy for the end o f the season. Man plays clutch.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I think that’s where we differ. I’m not going in automatically assuming Zeitler/Cleveland’s play (and health for the former) are going to represent a true upgrade without having seen them in a game. 

Agreed on OT situation being worse and quite frankly IMO is the most dire on the team.

Time will tell. 

Why not? Tyre Phillips at guard was scoring in the 30s by PFF before playing somewhat more capable at RT and finishing the year with his paltry 47.1, yet in his worst season Zeitler scored 20 points higher in their metrics.

At LG we already know what we’re getting from some of our talent. Mekari was in the Bozeman sphere at RG. Ben Powers was mediocre to average, but not anywhere near Phillips level bad. Phillips himself should ideally be better by virtue of experience. This is all not even considering what potential might be gleaned from Ben Cleveland.

There isn’t truly a logical reason to assume the IOL won’t be an improvement over last years considering the investments and development potential.

I can see the more pessimistic outlook for the OT spots where AV is transitioning to the opposite side for the first time in his career and is aging out, while Stanley isn’t healthy, and the other best options will be mixing in with the IOL competitions.