OTA'S

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Forrest is taking Apkes job. They are trying him at CB because after Fuller Williams Mo and St there’s possibly a spot. And I’d say he’s a serious long shot for it. But it’s his best chance because he is a good teams player.

I think Darryl Roberts will make it as our 5th QB and if we keep 6 - which teams usually do now, but we may keep 5 safeties instead - Greg Stroman should make it or Danny Johnson over Apke, they’re decent corners & good special teams players too.

Tbh, I’d rather move DeShazor Everrett back to cb than have Apke play there. Everrett is a converted college corner so he has those skills. 

If they did that then the safeties would be:

Collins, Curl, McCain, Forrest & Reaves.

McCain also played nickel cb for the Dolphins his first 4 years in the league.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think Darryl Roberts will make it as our 5th QB and if we keep 6 - which teams usually do now, but we may keep 5 safeties instead - Greg Stroman should make it or Danny Johnson over Apke, they’re decent corners & good special teams players too.

Tbh, I’d rather move DeShazor Everrett back to cb than have Apke play there. Everrett is a converted college corner so he has those skills. 

If they did that then the safeties would be:

Collins, Curl, McCain, Forrest & Reaves.

McCain also played nickel cb for the Dolphins his first 4 years in the league.

The way I see it is what your saying is actually the brightest group we’ve had in some time

• Like 1

If Hudson can make some strides and start & Jamin can learn the defensive calls & be a leader at MLB we will greatly improve our speed and athleticism at LB w/ Holcomb, Davis & Hudson all hopefully starting.

Hudson’s twirling one handed int in today’s OTAs, awful pass and poor effort by the receiver to make a play on the ball but regardless impressive play by Hudson.

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If Hudson can make some strides and start & Jamin can learn the defensive calls & be a leader at MLB we will greatly improve our speed and athleticism at LB w/ Holcomb, Davis & Hudson all hopefully starting.

Hudson’s twirling one handed int in today’s OTAs, awful pass and poor effort by the receiver to make a play on the ball but regardless impressive play by Hudson.

Last year I liked Curl and getting him. But Hudson I thought because our Lb’s was gonna be the guy to have that instant impact. I believe this guy is a player. I was happy we drafted him I think the best is yet to come for he and Curl

• Like 1

Well this is depressing news . Gibson says he's still bothered by the turf toe . Damn !!!!

He wasn't the same player when he came back last year.

Also to confirm what someone posted that Heiny looked bigger. He said he put on 15 lbs of "Good Weight" i. e. muscle I guess !

Edited by RSkinGM

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So JP is saying Fitz would have to be really, really bad not to be the starter. So like I said, there’s no QB competition. 

Glad JP Finlay is the one that decides who starts. Also, good to see that you are insinuating that Fitz won't be really really bad. You are coming around. ;)

28 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Glad JP Finlay is the one that decides who starts. Also, good to see that you are insinuating that Fitz won't be really really bad. You are coming around. ;)

I never said Fitz was going to be really really bad. I actually think he’ll be similar to what we saw out of Alex Smith. He’ll keep us in games but also keep us out of some. I think he’ll be good enough to stop us from picking high enough to get a good QB prospect. Like I’ve said about him before, he’s the road to nowhere. 

52 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think Fitz, will be Kirk Cousins without the choking.

Which is a good thing

Oh come on.  Kirk Cousins is a far superior QB compared to Ryan Fitzpatrick.  The highest yardage Fitz has ever had in a season is 3905, Cousins has done more than that 5 times. The most INTs in a season Cousins has had is 13, Fitz has had more than that 6 times.  Cousins career completion % is 67, Fitz is 60.7.  

• Like 2