OTA'S

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Reading that St. Juste is having a great day. Also, he recognized a play, broke on the ball and dropped what would’ve been a pick 6 so it sounds like he’s going to fit right in. 

There’s a reason why these guys play defense. It’s pretty rare that you have a Ed Reed, Deion, DHall or Bailey type DB playing that side of that ball with great hands that catches as well as receivers.

I’ll take the guy as our 3rd or 4th corner who can recognize route concepts, play tight coverage and break up passes. Better to get that guy in the 3rd round rather than take them over Aaron Rodgers in the top 10 of the draft.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Reading that St. Juste is having a great day. Also, he recognized a play, broke on the ball and dropped what would’ve been a pick 6 so it sounds like he’s going to fit right in. 

What dropping pick 6’s? Lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

There’s a reason why these guys play defense. It’s pretty rare that you have a Ed Reed, Deion, DHall or Bailey type DB playing that side of that ball with great hands that catches as well as receivers.

I’ll take the guy as our 3rd or 4th corner who can recognize route concepts, play tight coverage and break up passes. Better to get that guy in the 3rd round rather than take them over Aaron Rodgers in the top 10 of the draft.

Sheesh my man. It’s a damn joke lol. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2021 at 4:09 PM, turtle28 said:

No QB is going to be perfect every game, guys have bad games. Kirk has had some great ones, has had some good ones, some mediocre & some real stinkers.

So you’re ok with our 17-32 record since Kirk left? 

I mean since you hate Kirk so much, that’s basically what you’re endorsing. Like after Kirk has been a ish show for Washington.

Hello @turtle28. It's been awhile. I have been away for over a month now but I  hope all is well with everyone here. Now!!!!! back to KC. Kirk does some good things. He also breaks your heart because he has more mental lapses and more panic moments (the video of the Giants game) than any QB with his production should ever have. He gasses you up, but he also lets you down. That’s always been who he is, that’s who he is now. That’s who he will be forever. In the 5 years of seeing Kirk play in DC I didn't see that IT factor in him to make me comfortable signing him to a all of that money he was asking for.  He's everything you and others may want but to me he definitely not everything for the money he was asking for. What's his record again against teams with 8 wins. What is his record in BIG GAMES!!!!!!! The type of money he was asking for well to me I'll pass. What you don't get is Kirk isn't worth that type of money he was asking for. Cousins is like a Toyota Camry but wants to be paid like he's a top of the line Lexus. Sorry just can't do it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Hello @turtle28. It's been awhile. I have been away for over a month now but I  hope all is well with everyone here. Now!!!!! back to KC. Kirk does some good things. He also breaks your heart because he has more mental lapses and more panic moments (the video of the Giants game) than any QB with his production should ever have. He gasses you up, but he also lets you down. That’s always been who he is, that’s who he is now. That’s who he will be forever. In the 5 years of seeing Kirk play in DC I didn't see that IT factor in him to make me comfortable signing him to a all of that money he was asking for.  He's everything you and others may want but to me he definitely not everything for the money he was asking for. What's his record again against teams with 8 wins. What is his record in BIG GAMES!!!!!!! The type of money he was asking for well to me I'll pass. What you don't get is Kirk isn't worth that type of money he was asking for. Cousins is like a Toyota Camry but wants to be paid like he's a top of the line Lexus. Sorry just can't do it.

Get outta my head man !!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, 4209 said:

Agreed on almost all of this (except the using W/L record - that's a team stat). I liked Kirk. I liked his production and he has more GW drives and 4Q drives to put his team ahead than many realize. He also makes mistakes that no one who has his production should make (agreed completely there).

I loved him at $21M AAV but we declined to pay him that. I argued it would be a great value in a year or two. And it was in less than a year. But like you said, there was no way I was gonna pay him what he was asking in the following 2 years he was here.

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Agreed on almost all of this (except the using W/L record - that's a team stat). I liked Kirk. I liked his production and he has more GW drives and 4Q drives to put his team ahead than many realize. He also makes mistakes that no one who has his production should make (agreed completely there).

I loved him at $21M AAV but we declined to pay him that. I argued it would be a great value in a year or two. And it was in less than a year. But like you said, there was no way I was gonna pay him what he was asking in the following 2 years he was here.

Yes, this win loss record comment is absurd.  For perspective, Cousins has a better W/L than pretty much all the qbs we discussed acquiring this offseason like Stafford, Carr, Darnold and certainly Fitzpatrick.   

As WFT fans we should all know that there is more to a W/L record than just a qb.  Cousins never had a defense.

21M AAV.  Yes Please.  Even 30 AAV is super cheap these days.  

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 9:00 PM, 4209 said:

Except for when Kirk did deliver in some big games. I get it, he wasn’t perfect but we can’t forget the times when he did deliver in big games just because he didn’t in some some other games. No one is perfect and this team didn’t have a good running game or defense when he was here. There were a lot of games Kirk brought us back in or had the team leading in the game only the defense would give up the lead. 

And until we get another QB who can be as good as Kirk was - and we haven’t yet in 4 offseasons - I’ll still wish he was our starting QB and we were winning the division bc of his passing & this teams defense.

I mean if you put Kirk’s 4265 yards & 35 TDs on this team last year I bet we win 10 or 11 games.

Again, I get he’s not perfect but he’s certainly better than anything we’ve had since he left and he’s better consistently than any QB this franchise has had since Joe Theismann, and even Kirk’s personal stats blow Theismann’s away. 

Theismann just had a better team around I’m and a better coach. You can’t hold that against Kirk, or you shouldn’t.

Edited by turtle28

On 7/15/2021 at 12:52 PM, offbyone said:

Yes, this win loss record comment is absurd.  For perspective, Cousins has a better W/L than pretty much all the qbs we discussed acquiring this offseason like Stafford, Carr, Darnold and certainly Fitzpatrick.   

As WFT fans we should all know that there is more to a W/L record than just a qb.  Cousins never had a defense.

21M AAV.  Yes Please.  Even 30 AAV is super cheap these days.  

Will Ferrell Agree GIF