Your top 5 RBs as of 2021

16 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

You have to be a clear troll if Henry isn’t a top 5 RB. Saying he’s not #1, ok whatever but not top 5, yea ok.... 

Totally forgot about Henry,I just answered it on the fly. Don't get your panties in a bunch!

I'd put Henry at 4 and boot Chubb off the list.

I know a lot of it is beyond his control but at this point you basically have to go back 3 full years to get a version of Saquon Barkley that was actually a top 5 running back in the league, and he's dealt with multiple injury issues since then. I don't see him as a default top 5 guy anymore - it certainly would not be a surprise to see him back up there after this coming season but as it stands now there are guys that are better and have been better than him. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Totally forgot about Henry,I just answered it on the fly. Don't get your panties in a bunch!

I'd put Henry at 4 and boot Chubb off the list.

Not trying to troll here, but serious question:

Why would you have Barkley on your list at all, let alone omit Chubb? Personally, I feel the same for Dalvin Cook.

Chubb and Henry are the 2 best runners.  Kamara and CMC are the best all-around backs.  I'd have a hard time saying one is better than the other among those four.  My 5th would probably be Cook.

Barkley has the highest ceiling, it just feels like it has been a long time since we've seen it.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Not trying to troll here, but serious question:

Why would you have Barkley on your list at all, let alone omit Chubb? Personally, I feel the same for Dalvin Cook.

Because I think when fully healthy Saquon is a top 3 back in the league and offers more versatility than Chubb. Cook in my opinion is the most explosive back in the league when he is clicking on all cylinders. We could actually have 2 separate lists here, one for all around back and one for pure runner. Chubb, Cook and Henry in my opinion are probably the top pure running backs in the league but the limited passing upside takes them down a peg or two in the "all around back" category.

6 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Because I think when fully healthy Saquon is a top 3 back in the league and offers more versatility than Chubb. Cook in my opinion is the most explosive back in the league when he is clicking on all cylinders.

I mean, Chubb has been in the league one year less and has about 100 less yards, not to mention a higher YPC, more yards after contact, a better elusive rating, and a better break tackle rating. I'm not sure where you get the "explosive" portion from.

As for Saquon being a top 3 back in the league, that's what we saw with him as a rookie, but he's essentially 2 years removed from that, and almost 3 years removed. 

6 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

We could actually have 2 separate lists here, one for all around back and one for pure runner. Chubb, Cook and Henry in my opinion are probably the top pure running backs in the league but the limited passing upside takes them down a peg or two in the "all around back" category.

This I could agree with, albeit since the Browns have Hunt and utilize him more for this, it's harder to gauge how versatile Chubb is/could be if they needed him to be.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, Chubb has been in the league one year less and has about 100 less yards, not to mention a higher YPC, more yards after contact, a better elusive rating, and a better break tackle rating. I'm not sure where you get the "explosive" portion from.

As for Saquon being a top 3 back in the league, that's what we saw with him as a rookie, but he's essentially 2 years removed from that, and almost 3 years removed. 

This I could agree with, albeit since the Browns have Hunt and utilize him more for this, it's harder to gauge how versatile Chubb is/could be if they needed him to be.

I'm strictly going by the eye test with Saquon, he is a flat out difference maker when he is healthy and provides more then Chubb as a pass catcher. By explosive I mean a back who explodes through the holes with speed and power, it's noticeable to me when Cook is at the top of his game, this is no slight to any other back just my opinion from watching a ton of football.

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, Chubb is actually pretty good at catching the ball out of the backfield (minus the KC playoff game). He's just not asked to do so often since we have Hunt. I do wish Chubb was utilized a bit more in the passing game.

As for as pure runners, Chubb and Henry are the top two for me.

Dobbins and Taylor will be fun ones to watch this year and see how they progress. I’ve said it over and over, pre-draft and post-draft, that RB class was the most loaded in ages. 

Akers looks like a stud himself as well. 

I’m also expecting Moss to be an Above-Average RB1 at some point. His skillset is pretty similar to Josh Jacobs, although I don’t think he’ll be as good as Jacobs. 

Edwards-Helaire is another one to keep an eye on and see how he progresses. 

• Like 1