Your top 5 RBs as of 2021

1 hour ago, Vee-Rex said:

Pretty sure most advanced stats (not total/counting stats) favor Chubb.

Curious as to which ones you're referencing - PFF has Henry graded as a 92.4, Chubb is an 87.2. I'm sure there's a lot more out there, but this is the one I've found commonly cited by others.

It's not that big of a gap, but Henry grades higher by this metrics. I don't buy into these metrics at face value, so that's why I'm not too privvy on what other stats are pointing in Chubb's direction.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:07 AM, RavensfanRD said:
  • Henry
  • Chubb
  • CMC
  • Kamara
  • Barkley

Kamara has never broken 1k yards rushing. How is he over Barkley, Cook, Jones? He'd make a good WR but he's not a great running back.

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 2

Man I don't think I'll ever forget about that legendary RB performance Alvin Kamara had last year on Christmas where he put up 155 rushing yards (7 ypc) and SIX rushing touchdowns against the Vikings. Truly a historic performance that was an absolute pleasure to watch during yet another All Pro season for him. 

On 5/29/2021 at 7:42 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

I gave you a football purely because you're one of the rare people who correctly uses the "a/b" thing. 

3rd grade is hard.

Anyways

1.  Chubb

2. Henry

3. CMC

4. Cook

5. Kamara

The only thing to me that separates Chubb/Henry is the fact that I think Chubb is a slightly better receiving threat out of the backfield given the opportunity than Henry is. They just never use him as a receiving threat because they have the ultimate 3rd down RB in Kareem Hunt.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Man I don't think I'll ever forget about that legendary RB performance Alvin Kamara had last year on Christmas where he put up 155 rushing yards (7 ypc) and SIX rushing touchdowns against the Vikings. Truly a historic performance that was an absolute pleasure to watch during yet another All Pro season for him. 

And as said earlier has yes to rush for over 1k yards.

That same Viking defense that ranked 27th in the league last year?

That same defense that AVG 134.4 YPG against last year?

Youre acting like our defense was any good last year, any one including their mother could run all over our defense. Albeit it was a great performance but not that impressive given it was against us.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

And as said earlier has yes to rush for over 1k yards.

That same Viking defense that ranked 27th in the league last year?

That same defense that AVG 134.4 YPG against last year?

Youre acting like our defense was any good last year, any one including their mother could run all over our defense. Albeit it was a great performance but not that impressive given it was against us.

A historic performance regardless of who it was against matching a 90 year old record for rushing touchdowns.

I'll gladly take 932 rush yards (in 15 games) at 5.0 yards per carry, 16 rushing touchdowns, 756 receiving yards, and 5 receiving touchdowns. Seems the All Pro voters would also be happy to take him on those teams over the course of his career so far. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

A historic performance regardless of who it was against matching a 90 year old record for rushing touchdowns.

I'll gladly take 932 rush yards (in 15 games) at 5.0 yards per carry, 16 rushing touchdowns, 756 receiving yards, and 5 receiving touchdowns. Seems the All Pro voters would also be happy to take him on those teams over the course of his career so far. 

I agree the 2nd team all pro is a nice nod But you can make an argument of how DC33 deserved the all pro nod over AK last year but of course he didnt. Losing team may be the reason? Maybe because hes on the Vikings? Not too sure why he didnt even receive a single vote.

AK did have 4 more TDs  last year 21 compared to 17 (same amount of rushing TDs and didnt need 6 of them in one game to reach it) DC33 had over 1.9k all purpose yards compared to AKs 1.6k all while averaging 5.0 ypc last year as well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I agree the 2nd team all pro is a nice nod But you can make an argument of how DC33 deserved the all pro nod over AK last year but of course he didnt. Losing team may be the reason? Maybe because hes on the Vikings? Not too sure why he didnt even receive a single vote.

AK did have 4 more TDs  last year 21 compared to 17 (same amount of rushing TDs and didnt need 6 of them in one game to reach it) DC33 had over 1.9k all purpose yards compared to AKs 1.6k all while averaging 5.0 ypc last year as well.

Cook was good too, but I'll take the 4 more touchdowns Kamara had, over the 230 more scrimmage yards Cook had. Cook also fumbled 5 times compared to Kamara's 1 fumble

Hope Cook stays healthy this year. Such a bummer he's had so many years with injuries cutting into his production 

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 2

1. Derrick Henry- he's the best. Not much else to say. 

2. Christian McAffery- he's probably the closest to being the best RB not named Derrick Henry. 

3. Dalvin Cook- Cook just produces. He's maybe not as flashy as CMC, but he's definitely one of the league's best. 

4. Nick Chubb- he produced a ton despite missing a few games. 

5. Aaron Jones- he has excellent versatility and production and can be a focal point of an offense even while playing with a HoF QB.

HM (very very close to top 5): Kamara, Taylor, Montgomery, Jacobs. I'd listen to arguments for any of these guys replacing Chubb or Jones.

*Where I draw my line from is that I feel like the 5 guys listed can absolutely be the focal point of their offense if they aren't already, Chubb and Jones coming in 4 and 5 for playing on better overall offenses than the first 3. 

Kamara, imo, is a strange case. He could conceivably be the focal point of the Saints' offense, and in some ways is. But the lack of a 1k yard season holds him back just a smidge. Maybe without Payton relying on Brees, we see more? 

Montgomery and Jacobs are steady producers, but I don't think either could carry a mediocre team the way a top 5 RB should be able to. They'll produce numbers, but are they a clutch RB you rely on like the Seahawks did with Lynch? I don't think so. 

Ditto for other guys I've seen listed like Elliot. He's steady and productive, but he's not the main focus of the Cowboys offense. 

I also omitted Barkley from my list initially. He's another one I'd listen to a top 5 argument for. The lack of experience holds him just outside of it for me, for now. 

The 11 aforementioned guys are definitely the top of the league, and really 4/5-11 is insanely close. So I'd say there's Henry, McAffery, Cook, then the field. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Kamara is in the conversation for being the best RB. Hell even other's have listed him as such in this thread. Go back to weeping about losing Julio Jones 🤣

Michael Thomas cries enough for everyone. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Michael Thomas cries enough for everyone. 

Lets not make a thread about RBs turn int Julio Jones/Wrs for whatever reason.... well, we know the reason. @tyler735 salty and continues to try and convince himself that Kamara "is in the conversation" for being the best. Bring on 70 pages, ever changing criteria and the twitter clips!

Edited by GSUeagles14
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Lets not make a thread about RBs turn int Julio Jones/Wrs for whatever reason.... well, we know the reason. @tyler735 salty and continues to try and convince himself that Kamara "is in the conversation" for being the best. Bring on 70 pages, ever changing criteria and the twitter clips!

d36bd9153874b8d65a9dc55fd5331c3a.gif

• Like 1