Your top 5 RBs as of 2021

1. Henry: Follows up a season where he runs through the Pats and Ravens in stacked boxes to the AFCC game with a 2000 yard season.  Not close IMO, but I am a Titans fan.

2. Kamara: Was always my go-to argument for the best in the NFL before Henry's last two seasons.

3. McCaffery: Great player, but doesn't have the resume that the two above do.

4. Cook: Cook has been great when healthy, and I like his potential.

5. Chubb: Discount Derrick Henry.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Curious as to what in your mind leads to this conclusion...

its really just an opinion, I gave stats a few pages ago stats between King Henry and Chubb and imo Chubb had the better stats with the amount of work hes been given, He just gets overlooked imo because his team is smart enough to not give him 370+ touches in a year and probably over 300+ the year before last. I truly believe he could put up similar numbers as Henry given the opportunity and people would be Chubb is the best back in the league if he was given the same workload as Henry.

Nick Chubb had over 1k yards rushing last year on less than 200 carries, Thats a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

But all in all its an opinion of mine from a question thats asking for peoples opinions and theres no right or wrong answer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

But all in all its an opinion of mine from a question thats asking for peoples opinions and theres no right or wrong answer.

I can respect this, sure enough. Not sure if I agree, but can respect the logic behind it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I can respect this, sure enough. Not sure if I agree, but can respect the logic behind it.

I dont really now how to explain it but whenever i watch Nick Chubb play he just wows me and looks like the best pure running back in the league and whenever I watch Henry yeah hes a beast but Hes just so big and pretty darn fast for a man of his size I just think he can get away with more because of his size and how hard he runs. I dont know if that makes any sense lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Would we be calling him the best back in the league if he didnt run for over 2k yard last year? Could this be a form of recency bias because of the year he had?

13 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Would we be calling him the best back in the league if he didnt run for over 2k yard last year? Could this be a form of recency bias because of the year he had?

I would - he led the league in rushing in 2019 as well, he's the first RB since LaDanian Tomlinson (2006/2007) to lead the league in rushing two years in a row.

It's not just the 2k yards...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I would - he led the league in rushing in 2019 as well, he's the first RB since LaDanian Tomlinson (2006/2007) to lead the league in rushing two years in a row.

It's not just the 2k yards...

That surprises me that it was that long ago that the same person lead the league in rushing 2 years in a row, I thought AP may of been able to do it but guess not. 

Did you consider him the best back in the league in 2019 or is this recency bias? It’d be hard to call Henry the best back in the league in 2019 after the year CMC had with getting over 1k yards in rushing and receiving. I’d assume most people (you may or may not be included in this just speaking in general terms) would say CMC was the best back in the league after the year he had because that’s only been done twice before CMC did it. 

I really wish Chubb could be given a full workload like a CMC or Henry just to see what he can do because I do feel like he gets written off because of the RBBC approach and that’s not his fault. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Did you consider him the best back in the league in 2019 or is this recency bias? It’d be hard to call Henry the best back in the league in 2019 after the year CMC had with getting over 1k yards in rushing and receiving. I’d assume most people (you may or may not be included in this just speaking in general terms) would say CMC was the best back in the league after the year he had because that’s only been done twice before CMC did it.

CMC had a phenomenal 2019. It's why I have him at #2 (arguably even a 1A/1B situation) despite missing so much time last year. 

That said, as of right now, Henry's last 3 seasons have been great to phenomenal despite being a clear focal point of the Titans offense. The YPC, the yards, the TDs, and most importantly the impact. 

Henry powers that offense, AND the Titans have been winning over the last 3 seasons. I don't think they do without Henry. The Panthers weren't winning with McCaffrey. It's certainly not on him, but when it comes to determining who I think takes the top spot between the two, I've got to have something more than just statistical output. Call it a tie-breaker.

It's almost the Rodgers vs Brees debate, but with RBs. They're both fantastic, both possibly HoF bound at the end, one is more traditional while the other is a bit unorthodox meaning it could come down to how they're utilized not being entirely comparable....how do you make the that call?

I personally go with Rodgers over the span of Brees' career, for the sheer fact Rodgers is 126-63-1 while Brees was 125-71 over the span from 2008-2020. Brees missed a total of 12 games, Rodgers 18. So, effectively, Brees played 6 more games than Rodgers, yet amassed 8 more losses. Going by this, it's highly improbable that Brees winds up with a better record than Rodgers if the missed games were played. Rodgers has 2 losing seasons in total. The likelihood of him going 9-9 or worse in those 18 games is pretty slim. Brees, conversely, had 5 seasons with a losing record. Him going 6-6 or worse isn't necessarily likely, but the likelihood he wins enough to surpass Rodgers with a better W/L record is improbable at best considering the 8 loss gap already existing. He would need Rodgers to go 10-8 while going 11-0-1 just to tie it up in the end. 

Thus, I would consider Rodgers the superior QB. He wins more in actuality and would likely fairly strongly outpace Brees in that regard if equal games were played. Brees, however, had more eye popping stats. 

Henry just wins more than McCaffrey. And when dealing with 2 studs, there's really just not a lot else to judge by. McCaffrey can throw up the rush and receiving yards all day long for sure, but Henry puts them up too and happens to win more often along with it  

At the very least, that's how I gauge it. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

its really just an opinion, I gave stats a few pages ago stats between King Henry and Chubb and imo Chubb had the better stats with the amount of work hes been given, He just gets overlooked imo because his team is smart enough to not give him 370+ touches in a year and probably over 300+ the year before last. I truly believe he could put up similar numbers as Henry given the opportunity and people would be Chubb is the best back in the league if he was given the same workload as Henry.

Nick Chubb had over 1k yards rushing last year on less than 200 carries, Thats a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

Plus, the year before, Chubb was second behind Henry for the rushing title. As a matter of fact, he was leading the league until Henry took over during the final game of the season with a 200+ yard game vs Houston.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I dont really now how to explain it but whenever i watch Nick Chubb play he just wows me and looks like the best pure running back in the league and whenever I watch Henry yeah hes a beast but Hes just so big and pretty darn fast for a man of his size I just think he can get away with more because of his size and how hard he runs. I dont know if that makes any sense lol

Your not wrong **says the not at all biased Browns fan** and its because Chubb has some of the best lateral agility in the league. He can make people miss in the hole and get to the 2nd level of the defense like very few can.

Lots of people think he just runs people over but its more than that. His foot quickness and ability to move sideways for a guy his size is scary good. I dont think there is a RB in the league who has his combo of strength and agility. I think a close comp. to it would be like prime Jamal Lewis. His balance, choppy feet and cutback ability to get to the 2nd level it just insane, which is why you see all of those long 20+ yard runs from him.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Your not wrong **says the not at all biased Browns fan** and its because Chubb has some of the best lateral agility in the league. He can make people miss in the hole and get to the 2nd level of the defense like very few can.

Lots of people think he just runs people over but its more than that. His foot quickness and ability to move sideways for a guy his size is scary good. I dont think there is a RB in the league who has his combo of strength and agility. I think a close comp. to it would be like prime Jamal Lewis. His balance, choppy feet and cutback ability to get to the 2nd level it just insane, which is why you see all of those long 20+ yard runs from him.

That is definitely the best comp I can think of as well, Jamal danced a bit too much later in his career but when he was trusting his vision he would explode through the holes and gained a ton of momentum in the second level just like Henry. 

• Like 2