Your top 5 RBs as of 2021

13 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Did you consider him the best back in the league in 2019 or is this recency bias?

I didn't think you could have recency bias when the question is the top five RBs of this year.

Henry da best.

• 2 months later...

Ok something that’s been on my mind. I’ve seen all these top 100 list without anyone from the Titans OL and ranking of OL units where the Titans are bottom of the top 10 or not ranked in the top 10 at all. Let’s also not forget there were no 2021 Pro Bowlers or All Pro’s on the line.

I say all that to say that Derrick Henry running for 2000 yards with those facts is why he’s the best RB in the game. 

Sidenote- The OL is vastly underrated.

5 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Ok something that’s been on my mind. I’ve seen all these top 100 list without anyone from the Titans OL and ranking of OL units where the Titans are bottom of the top 10 or not ranked in the top 10 at all. Let’s also not forget there were no 2021 Pro Bowlers or All Pro’s on the line.

I say all that to say that Derrick Henry running for 2000 yards with those facts is why he’s the best RB in the game. 

All Pro OL = 2000 yards 

No All Pro OL = 2000 yards 

The way I see it, it's 90% Henry is a stud and 10% they have an elite scheme 

On 8/18/2021 at 9:23 AM, TitanSlim said:

Derrick Henry rushing for 2k has way more to do with the fact that he got literally 378 carries in a single season.

Its like if a QB threw for 5k yards and you look up and see that he threw 40x per game.

Thats not to say his season wasnt incredible, just pointing out that in order to acheive those huge milestones, you need to massive bulk opportunities to do so. Great talent + bulk opportunities = historical numbers.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Derrick Henry rushing for 2k has way more to do with the fact that he got literally 378 carries in a single season.

Its like if a QB threw for 5k yards and you look up and see that he threw 40x per game.

Thats not to say his season wasnt incredible, just pointing out that in order to acheive those huge milestones, you need to massive bulk opportunities to do so. Great talent + bulk opportunities = historical numbers.

Don’t disagree here. I would also point out his durability and condition also played a huge part. An aspect that is under discussed when comparing him to the other top RBs.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:59 AM, AkronsWitness said:

He also averaged 5.4 yards per carry, 4th best in the league among qualified backs despite the "massive bulk" opportunities. Dude is special. Not to mention only 3 fumbles on 397 touches.