WR1 Tournament Round 2: DeAndre Hopkins vs Michael Thomas

BayRaider

WR1 Tournament: DeAndre Hopkins vs Michael Thomas  

39 members have voted

1. 1. WR1 Tournament: DeAndre Hopkins vs Michael Thomas

• DeAndre Hopkins
    • Michael Thomas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2021 at 05:00 PM

DeAndre Hopkins

Sep-27-2020-Glendale-Arizona-USA-Arizona

vs

Michael Thomas

NEW-ORLEANS-LOUISIANA-DECEMBER-16-Michae

This will run for seven days and end June 3rd. For more information, check our the main Tournament Topic. There is no seeds and matchups were randomized. At the end of the Tournament, one man will be crowned FootballsFuture's Official Top WR in the NFL. 

I think a lot of people will be eating crow on Michael Thomas this season. The disrespect he's gotten after he played basically the entire year hobbled (injured ankle week 1) after winning Offensive Player of the Year just a season prior when he was actually healthy. As long as he stays healthy this season, I think it will be back to business as usual with Thomas being an elite WR. That said, I get people voting for Hopkins in this match up, he's a beast too. If I was to list my top WR's I'd probably have a top 3 of Thomas, Hopkins, and Adams in whatever order.

41 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I think a lot of people will be eating crow on Michael Thomas this season. The disrespect he's gotten after he played basically the entire year hobbled (injured ankle week 1) after winning Offensive Player of the Year just a season prior when he was actually healthy. As long as he stays healthy this season, I think it will be back to business as usual with Thomas being an elite WR. That said, I get people voting for Hopkins in this match up, he's a beast too. If I was to list my top WR's I'd probably have a top 3 of Thomas, Hopkins, and Adams in whatever order.

I don’t think he’s getting “disrespect” he went from consensus #1 WR to still #5 or so. That kind of happens when you take a whole year off and when you do play, look like a shell of your former self. Thomas being #5 still is still giving him a huge benefit of the doubt and massive respect. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think he’s getting “disrespect” he went from consensus #1 WR to still #5 or so. That kind of happens when you take a whole year off and when you do play, look like a shell of your former self. Thomas being #5 still is still giving him a huge benefit of the doubt and massive respect. 

It seems Michael Thomas just rubs a lot of people the wrong way and they can't wait to "pounce on him" the moment he has a down year even if it was due to injury. Just a couple examples on here that stick out.

There were multiple people on here were arguing/voting for Courtland Sutton over Michael Thomas in round 1. A guy coming off an ACL that pretty much has posted the same numbers in his entire career that Michael Thomas did in just his 2019 season.

My sig in regards to Michael Thomas lol:

"scar988 said: 11.5 YPR on his career. Mohamed Sanu has 11.2 YPR on his career and through his first 4 years had 11.8 YPR. He's not the best WR in the NFL. He's basically Mohamed Sanu with more targets."