Snarky entertainment questions of the week

y*so*blu

Snark away...  

16 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Will Gerard Butler ever tire of starring in big, loud, soulless, offensively stupid blockbusters?

• Yes. He will eventually rehabilitate his career.
    • No way. Cha-ching!
    • Hey! I LIKED '300'.
  2. 2. Who in the nine green hells thought Seth MacFarlane could carry a live action TV series?

• Only the people who actually like 'Family Guy'.
    • Only the producer/s of 'The Orville'.
    • Only MacFarlane himself.
  3. 3. What is this "dilly dilly" nonsense?

• Bud Lite execs ate Dilly Bars while watching 'Game of Thrones' and one thing led to another.
    • It's a reference to something you're not familiar with.
    • It's a beer commercial. It doesn't have to make sense, people will still buy.

I'm a prematurely cantankerous, out-of-touch guy who loves to complain. (If for some reason you haven't seen enough people like that on the Internet, here I am!) Today's "entertainment" industry, such as it is, makes very little sense to me. TV shows, movies, commercials ... they all baffle me. Occasionally I'll see something I like and draw attention to that, but it's more fun to just take aim and snark away.

So without further ado, let's party! Take a gander at this week's poll questions and tell me what you think. Am I right, wrong, or just prematurely cantankerous and out-of-touch? You make the call!

The Orville is a descent show, but its not a comedy. I think that was a shock to many who tuned into it for the first time.

Its getting ok ratings since its move to Thursday, and it actually doing well on delayed viewing. A second season will more than likely happen.

1 minute ago, devils1854 said:

Its getting ok ratings since its move to Thursday, and it actually doing well on delayed viewing. A second season will more than likely happen.

Glad to hear it.  I haven't watched a Star Trek since that Borg episode of Star Trek: Enterprise. 

I really don't hate The Orville. It's not very funny, but there have been some moments that really make me laugh, and I don't think that it's a true comedy, and nor was it meant to be one. That being said, it occupies this strange niche where it's not very good, but it's kind of harmless and comforting in this weird way. It's found a home as being a show that I have on in the background when I'm doing other stuff, or something that I put on the television when I'm trying to go to bed but I'm still awake and I know I'll be up for about 20 more minutes and then pass out. I've gone through all the episodes, and I don't think that I've ever actually watched a single one all the way through, but I keep putting it back on. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really don't hate The Orville. It's not very funny, but there have been some moments that really make me laugh, and I don't think that it's a true comedy, and nor was it meant to be one. That being said, it occupies this strange niche where it's not very good, but it's kind of harmless and comforting in this weird way. It's found a home as being a show that I have on in the background when I'm doing other stuff, or something that I put on the television when I'm trying to go to bed but I'm still awake and I know I'll be up for about 20 more minutes and then pass out. I've gone through all the episodes, and I don't think that I've ever actually watched a single one all the way through, but I keep putting it back on. 

I did laugh at the whole Avis rental car shtick in this past episode.

I'm passing on The Orville, at least for now, because I find MacFarlane's shows and style very distasteful and I feel like I'd be somehow condoning or encouraging him by watching. Maybe that sounds silly, but it's an aversion that's built up over time. 

I am kind of interested in seeing 'Star Trek: Discovery', but I've heard it's only on CBS' All Access streaming thingy and you have to pay for it. If that's true, then I'm out.

Is "dilly dilly" a reference to something I'm missing or is it just a random thing Budweiser came up with? 

13 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I'm passing on The Orville, at least for now, because I find MacFarlane's shows and style very distasteful and I feel like I'd be somehow condoning or encouraging him by watching. Maybe that sounds silly, but it's an aversion that's built up over time. 

I am kind of interested in seeing 'Star Trek: Discovery', but I've heard it's only on CBS' All Access streaming thingy and you have to pay for it. If that's true, then I'm out.

Is "dilly dilly" a reference to something I'm missing or is it just a random thing Budweiser came up with? 

1. 50 million ways to die in the west is an enjoyable, and often funny movie. Did you give that one a try? I'm not a family guy or Cleveland show fan and I liked that movie.

3. dilly dilly is just made up. Something they think a fancy thing a king might say and people might repeat and get stuck in their heads.

2 hours ago, MathMan said:

1. 50 million ways to die in the west is an enjoyable, and often funny movie. Did you give that one a try? I'm not a family guy or Cleveland show fan and I liked that movie.

3. dilly dilly is just made up. Something they think a fancy thing a king might say and people might repeat and get stuck in their heads.

No, I never saw it. Wasn't it some kind of Western parody like Blazing Saddles?

1. Will Gerard Butler ever tire of starring in big, loud, soulless, offensively stupid blockbusters?

This is funny, because it reminds me of the Jimmy Kimmel "Mean Tweets" skit when Gerard Butler was on and the tweet asked "Does Gerard Butler have a massive student loan or something?   Or does he just enjoy making sh*t movies?"   HAHAHAHAHAHA...that cracked me up.   xD

Archived