(No QBs) Most shocking player regressions

Blackstar12

35 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

He drafted 3rd overall. He had a solid rookie year...blew up as a sophomore. There is no good reason why he fell of like he did. It really wasn’t injury.

I wouldn't call 886 yards and 6 TDs 'blowing up'. It's well below what you'd expect from a WR drafted that high in his 2nd year. 2007 was a major statistical outlier for him. 

9 hours ago, Starless said:

I wouldn't call 886 yards and 6 TDs 'blowing up'. It's well below what you'd expect from a WR drafted that high in his 2nd year. 2007 was a major statistical outlier for him. 

You’re right I was a year behind. But still. He was progressing well...the boom. He was a 3rd overall pick. There no reason he should have fell off like that

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

Le'Veon Bell, or is that TBD?

Surprised it took to page 2...

Gase sucked, and Bell has plenty of room to criticize. But his time in KC wasn't exactly impressive for a guy the league was ga-ga over just 2 years ago.

Only caveat being, he didn't have a full season in KC, so maybe a pass is in order. 

My 3 picks for the most shocking player regressions I can think of are (trying to name guys who haven't been named yet):

1. Chris Horton, S- dude came out of nowhere for the Redskins in 2008. He wasn't necessarily a stud, but he looked like he could at least be a upper low to middle tier player in the league. Basically out of the league by 2010. 

2. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB- at one point he was really good. Then all of a sudden, he wasn't. 

3. Josh Norman, CB- he's alright. But it wasn't terribly long ago that he was being talked about as one of the league's best CBs. He's nowhere near the top of the list anymore. 

Edited by ronjon1990
Time flies. I had DRC in my early teens. It was early college lol
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Starless said:

Gurley wrecked his knees.

Yeah that's true. We heard about his arthritis before he had that MVP caliber season. Next thing you know, he's on a snap count.

I did sports as a youngster. Baseball and martial arts. Two black belts, for whatever that's worth. My knees are wrecked too. Feels bad, man.

12 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Yeah that's true. We heard about his arthritis before he had that MVP caliber season. Next thing you know, he's on a snap count.

I did sports as a youngster. Baseball and martial arts. Two black belts, for whatever that's worth. My knees are wrecked too. Feels bad, man.

Bad knees are no joke. Wrecked mine through the ages, too. A "bum" knee sounds so common it tends to get overlooked, but man can it be a literal pain.

• Like 1