(No QBs) Most shocking player regressions

Blackstar12

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Injuries and ego. 

He got a ridiculous amount of coverage for that one marvelous catch. Then I'd see him miss routine catches trying to make them flashy one-hander's instead of focusing on just catching the d*** ball. 

My own opinion i dont think he was ever considered an elite WR just got blown outta proportion from that one handed catch that you mentioned. Obviously still good but never a true WR1.

• Like 2

Brandon Marshall had a dramatic drop off. Had a 1500 yard, 14TD season with 109 catches (63% catch rate) and then turned in a sub-800 yard 3 TD season with a 46% catch rate. Then goes two years and gets 1 TD and 29 catches total.

For once a WR didn't die in CHI, but after he left us.

Larry Johnson came in and looked like a monster for a few years but started acting like an idiot off the field. Bounced around to be JAG.

LT had a major drop, but to be fair he also had a stretch of all-time production too. His drop was still dramatic when he went to the Jets. Went from HOF great, then had a year as a mediocre starter, then a year as a back up/afterthought. Damn shame to see him go out having Shonn Greene get over triple his carries and Joe McKnight getting over half as many as he did.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Larry Johnson came in and looked like a monster for a few years but started acting like an idiot off the field. Bounced around to be JAG.

Larry Johnson is the poster boy on why you can't give a RB 400+ touches a year - bodies simply can't take that sort of usage and ever expect to come back.

Johnson, Edgerrin James, Jamaal Anderson, Clinton Portis, Eddie George, Ricky Williams - once they got that 400+ season in, they collapsed and couldn't get back up for the rest of their careers.

• Like 1

I mean, obviously Nnamdi Asomugha in Philly is a good one. Going from a man scheme to a zone scheme completely ruined that guy.

There's a handful of kickers that went from great to awful, Blair Walsh being one of them, Greg Zuerlein being another. Billy Cundiff obviously being the king of this.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Larry Johnson is the poster boy on why you can't give a RB 400+ touches a year - bodies simply can't take that sort of usage and ever expect to come back.

Johnson, Edgerrin James, Jamaal Anderson, Clinton Portis, Eddie George, Ricky Williams - once they got that 400+ season in, they collapsed and couldn't get back up for the rest of their careers.

Henry had 396 touches last year in the regular season and 21 in the postseason.  

Year prior he has 88 touches in the postseason and 321 touches in the regular season.  

That's back to back 400 touches and he didn't break down or fall off the cliff

Just now, LinderFournette said:

Henry had 396 touches last year in the regular season and 21 in the postseason.  

Year prior he has 88 touches in the postseason and 321 touches in the regular season.  

That's back to back 400 touches and he didn't break down or fall off the cliff

I'm sure you'll find an exception in the 100+ years of pro football (and we really don't know what 2021 Derrick Henry looks like).

36 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm sure you'll find an exception in the 100+ years of pro football (and we really don't know what 2021 Derrick Henry looks like).

I'm basing it off the fact he did 400 in the 2019 season and didn't seem to phase him last year and he actually increased his yards per carry.  400 doesn't seem to phase Generational backs like Henry and even Adrian Peterson.  Ap had 400 touches and he has a decline in yards per attempt (his 2012 was an ungodly 6 yards a carry to a still very good 4.7. 

29 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I'm basing it off the fact he did 400 in the 2019 season and didn't seem to phase him last year and he actually increased his yards per carry.  400 doesn't seem to phase Generational backs like Henry and even Adrian Peterson.  Ap had 400 touches and he has a decline in yards per attempt (his 2012 was an ungodly 6 yards a carry to a still very good 4.7. 

400 carries seems to be the death sentence (Larry Johnson, Eddie George, Jamal Anderson for example). There’s been plenty of RBs who’ve had multiple 400 touches and been productive (LT, Curtis Martin, Emmitt Smith to name a few). And that’s not including the guys who surpassed the 400 mark with a playoff run.

• Like 1