EURO 2020

Hunter2_1

8 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Not sure with Southgate's order and not sure why you'd put Sako in that key spot. God, everything about Italian football is wrong from the rampant racism to the rampant flopping. 

Yup. Unfortunately English fans aren’t much better and you bet that the 3 players who missed will get all sorts of stuff said about them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

itscomingrome

Southgate sealed their fate with bringing on Rashford and Sancho only to have them shoot penalties. Karma is a b.

Asking a lot from a 19, 21 and 23 yo to have them shoot  the final 3 penalties. Dumb decision 

Yeah I didn't love the Rashford and Sancho on at the 120 minute mark just for pens. They haven't kicked a ball in 3 hours. One of their last 3 should've been Grealish. Sterling I understand (he's not great at pens), but atleast let Grealish take one of the last two.

• Like 1

I dont get why he used the 3 young kids to shoot the PKs why not use Graelish, and Sterling and someone else? Unless theres a rule in place to where they had to use the younger guys that I dont know about, Im not to knowledgable about soccer so there could be something Im missing.

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

I'm seeing so much of this already and it's so gd cringe. "Look I don't care that we lost, I'm a true hero who just wants to protect these young men" "Look at me, please".

Yeah how dare people show empathy for some kids who just suffered on the biggest stage and will undoubtedly receive an absurd amount of abuse. What cringey terrible people they are. 

• Like 1

Just now, mse326 said:

Yeah how dare people show empathy for some kids who just suffered on the biggest stage and will undoubtedly receive an absurd amount of abuse. What cringey terrible people they are. 

It's paternalistic cringe, and it's not coming from a true place of empathy for the large majority of them.

4 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It's paternalistic cringe, and it's not coming from a true place of empathy for the large majority of them.

I don't think you know what paternalism is if you think saying nice things to them is paternalistic.

Can't be arsed second guessing penalties. Young teams have beaten old, old teams have beaten old.

Well done to Italy. I think they were the better team for sure on the night.

Frankly, I think the decision to sit so deep after the goal was a bad one without pace to play on the counter.

Like I said, well done to Italy. Worthy winners.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Oh 100% they'll get a ton of racist abuse too. I can't imagine the trash tabloids are going to go easy on Rashford, Sancho and Saka, considering all missed.

Just now, mse326 said:

I don't think you know what paternalism is if you think saying nice things to them is paternalistic.

They're using them as props for their social media showcase. If you think they truly care on any special level you're exceptionally naive.

It's all just social climbing and this is the take du jour.

Those 3 kids will want to vomit as the 8,000th person comes up to them or writes the redundant think piece with fake sincerity. 

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

They're using them as props for their social media showcase. If you think they truly care on any special level you're exceptionally naive.

It's all just social climbing and this is the take du jour.

Those 3 kids will want to vomit as the 8,000th person comes up to them or writes the redundant think piece with fake sincerity. 

1. Still not paternalism

2. I highly doubt those wishing them well is going to be what gets to them

3. Would you prefer that people say nothing and just let all messages about them be abuse so they see nothing good?

4. Even if some are virtue signaling (which there are) you have no idea who is sincere or not so stop pretending you do

• Like 1