EURO 2020

Hunter2_1

When Emre Can was brought on when you're down 1-0, you knew Low had lost the plot and Germany was done. Goodness gracious, just a continuation of a theme with them. They don't really play like a team just a bunch of really talented players on the same side. Good performance by England and fully deserved the win. Grealish and Shaw in particular hand stand out performances.

11 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Jota and Paulinho are just terrible players, I'm sorry. Completely selfish and taking horrible shots when they have teammates in better position. 

For as much crap as people may want to give Portugal, those 2 are absolutely dreadful.

Jota was pretty damn good for Liverpool before he got injured, so I have to absolutely disagree there.

Euros have been a real surprise so far. Had zero interest at first, but a lot of games are really entertaining.

9 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Not a good look.

Obviously the sl*t and c*nt comments are obscene, and those people who would say such a thing are disgusting.

... But the girl crying is hilarious. I lapped it up, just like the German families that have mocked me and my family every single holiday to Spain/Portugal I have been on for my entire 34 years on this planet.

It's football for crying out loud (pun intended). She will get over it. Stop acting like people are mocking death or something.

Would I post a picture of it on the internet? No, I find that a bit weird. But when I saw it after the game, I laughed, as she will when she's old enough to mock herself.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

On 6/30/2021 at 4:07 AM, Canadian Saint said:

When Emre Can was brought on when you're down 1-0, you knew Low had lost the plot and Germany was done. Goodness gracious, just a continuation of a theme with them. They don't really play like a team just a bunch of really talented players on the same side. Good performance by England and fully deserved the win. Grealish and Shaw in particular hand stand out performances.

I don’t even think this is even true and say it was, you easily could say the exact same thing about England. That game was there to be won by either team, England managed to be that team some way, some how.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:18 PM, Kip Smithers said:

This crap and boring *** England team actually gonna make the Final. Germany disappointed me big time.

I wouldn't call them crap.  There's a ton of talent on the side, but boring is definitely an, en majority, applicable description... and we can thank the FA for that.  Best comparison I heard is that England is basically a points-fighter, or (while I think the actual personage may be a bit of a lofty comparison considering he was at one time the best pound-for-pound fighter in the sport) Georges St. Pierre.  The FA strongly influence the tactic that any England manager is going (allowed?) to employ and for tournaments that's always going to be prioritizing the aim of not conceding at all, even if that comes at the expense of open play or anything remotely close to an exciting offense.