EURO 2020

Hunter2_1

7 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

England complaining about a german ref is laughable at best. Insecure much?

At this point, the only referees anyone should complain about are English ones.  It's like the FA specifically gave their officials instructions to make sure their streak of failing to get selected for World Cup duty continues.

Twitter frequently tells me how big of a mistake United made selling Lukaku.

Funny, he looked like the same old player to me last night. Balls bouncing everywhere off him, misplacing of simple passes and a failure to score the easy chances that ultimately make a top striker.

For as much as Italy deserved to win, Lukaku scores that easy chance and it's 2-2 and momentum with Belgium. 

On 6/30/2021 at 12:57 AM, AustrianNiner said:

Jota was pretty damn good for Liverpool before he got injured, so I have to absolutely disagree there.

Euros have been a real surprise so far. Had zero interest at first, but a lot of games are really entertaining.

Ok. Fernandes has been great for United too but he's been garbage with the national team.

Being great for you club doesn't mean you're a superstar with your national team.

Penalty was crazy soft and England in general seems to have little pride when it comes to tumbling on the grass(A gust of wind is all it takes), but they wanted it more in this one. Denmark's subs played like sh*t, their starters(Braithwaite in particular) weren't much better, and all those lobs/crosses to nowhere on attacking runs add up to get the L they took today. Past the first 40 or so minutes the Danes just didn't want it anymore, was disappointing to see. That said, they still have the win of the tourney as Christian Erikson survived his horrific scare(That's worth more to them than the Henri Delaunay Trophy), and they pushed as far as they could in his absence. 

England will have to play much much better against Italy, especially early, if they want a shot at closing out the tourney as champions. 

More and more watching the EPL and the international tournaments and for the life of me I don't why Kasper Schmeichel is rated as a top 5 GK in the world. I guess I just don't know what I'm look at or for because he always comes up huge.

2 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Sterling and Walker were immense.

Walker shutting down the Dane's long game early was the first true taste of how the game would level out to look. You could just tell in the final quarter of the first half that it was over for Denmark. They went into the LR hoping for it to come down to penalties. Outside of some early passing success they just had nothing. Poor set pieces, fumbling chances, sloppy defense, etc etc. Very uninspiring play.

Yea something tells me Sterling doesn't give a F about the controversy surrounding his penalty. He's had such a strong tourney out of nowhere.