Bears have OT Morgan Moses for a visit

WindyCity

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I think this significantly decreases the chances they land Moses. When they leave the building that seems to be what happens.

Yup, you bring your offers to your last visit and ask them to top them.  Where's he off too?  The Jets?

2 hours ago, soulman said:

Yup, you bring your offers to your last visit and ask them to top them.  Where's he off too?  The Jets?

Jets was before us. There was no word of where he is going. Could be a negotiating tactic with the Bears as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think this significantly decreases the chances they land Moses. When they leave the building that seems to be what happens.

Generally. But we're normally talking about higher profile guys when we say stuff like that. We'll see. I'm not going to cry if he signs elsewhere...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Generally. But we're normally talking about higher profile guys when we say stuff like that. We'll see. I'm not going to cry if he signs elsewhere...

It would be nice to make a talent addition. Fields playing and the potential issues in GB, mean that this season is not a total write off.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It would be nice to make a talent addition. Fields playing and the potential issues in GB, mean that this season is not a total write off.

I don't think Moses leaving without a contract necessarily means he won't end up a Bear. Pace could still sign him, or another tackle...maybe one that shakes free from another team as the pre-season really gets rolling. 

And I've essentially said this before, so I might as well go on the record now--don't dismiss the Packers if Rodgers ends up somewhere else. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know why you guys are down on Ifedi.

He isn't great, but he is better than Massie or Leno.   He is cheap.  His body looks amazing at camp so he has been working super hard.  His coach is super high on him.  He can play G or T.

We got a steal in my opinion.    Very useful player and starting caliber player still young enough to have upside.

I think his biggest problem is he losses concentration for stretches and strings together bad plays.   But when he is on, he is really good, well above average at his best.  

I think the greater worry is the rookie at LT just because he is a rookie and that is a tough ask. 

Daniels as he doesn't seem to be playing close to his potential most of time.  And our center who seems to be an overachiever, but tends to get pushed around a bit by the bigger players.    

Ifedi and Whitehair are the not large concerns on the O line to me. 

Big questions still, but I think O line is pointing up as it is better coached now and most of better players are playing rather than the names on the back of the jersey being inserted in just because.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

He isn't great, but he is better than Massie or Leno.   He is cheap.  His body looks amazing at camp so he has been working super hard.  His coach is super high on him.  He can play G or T.

We got a steal in my opinion.    Very useful player and starting caliber player still young enough to have upside.

I think his biggest problem is he losses concentration for stretches and strings together bad plays.   But when he is on, he is really good, well above average at his best.  

I think the greater worry is the rookie at LT just because he is a rookie and that is a tough ask. 

Daniels as he doesn't seem to be playing close to his potential most of time.  And our center who seems to be an overachiever, but tends to get pushed around a bit by the bigger players.    

Ifedi and Whitehair are the not large concerns on the O line to me. 

Big questions still, but I think O line is pointing up as it is better coached now and most of better players are playing rather than the names on the back of the jersey being inserted in just because.  

Hmm. So he's an overperformer for his value but not great?  He's like Leno 2 with a different origin story! Kidding, kinda.

The way Pace approached the OL is out of character for him; he usually signs a solid vet at a position of need, then drafts it as well. This year he only brought in Wilkinson who's more like depth, drafted high, and then created the position of need.  Curious to see how it works out as it's riskier than his normal belt-and-suspenders approach.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

And you're right. Totally. No one should be down on Ifedi. 

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Hmm. So he's an overperformer for his value but not great?  He's like Leno 2 with a different origin story! Kidding, kinda.

When you look at the total picture--Ifedi's REAL problems have been with penalties. In every other way, he's head and shoulders above Leno, as a player. 

Edited by Heinz D.

32 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They drafted Borom. Ifedi isn't a sure-fire, long term Bear. 

Borom was drafted as a hedge to Ifedi, IMO. Castillo is in love with Ifedi's physical traits, question is if it will translate to the field.

1066 snaps last season, 5 penalties and 2 sacks allowed. Not horrible. Not great by any means, but not horrible.

If he plays well this season, I can see a modest extension for 3 "true" seasons.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, G08 said:

Borom was drafted as a hedge to Ifedi, IMO. Castillo is in love with Ifedi's physical traits, question is if it will translate to the field.

1066 snaps last season, 5 penalties and 2 sacks allowed. Not horrible. Not great by any means, but not horrible.

If he plays well this season, I can see a modest extension for 3 "true" seasons.

Oh, I do, too. And Ifedi has proven to be a pretty damn good player. It all depends on if Borom was a steal, or not. (And he might have been.)

So glad to have Ifedi on board. The Seahawks were stupid to let him go.

We need to move on from saying “he isn’t great” as something that is okay with the OL.

Being better than Massie and Leno is not an accomplishment or the bar to get on to this line.

Ifedi is a reasonably priced veteran that is keeping the seat warm for a developed improvement.