Bears have OT Morgan Moses for a visit

WindyCity

14 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Pace thought he had it nailed, when many of us here DID NOT.

Since the Bears folks are lurking here now (😉)...Spurious George, float me a PM! I wanted QB and OT last year! Hire me up! I'll take half of what Pace makes per year! Maybe even less!!! 😄

You may not want to insult the guy you are asking for a job in the same sentence. 

• Like 2

I see some are still fretting over the OL and camp hasn't even started yet.   Maybe we should wait 'til they get into pads and get some grass stains on their pants before we judge them.  It's not gonna be an All Pro OL but it should be an improved OL over what we've had in 2019-2020.

I don't get why some are down on Ifedi either.  He's the type of "mauler" with decent athleticism Pace and Nagy seem to be building around now and he has tons of starting experience at both RT and RG.  Is he a better RG than a RT?  I guess we'll know soon enough since he's been designated as the starting RT.  It's highly unlikely Borom will be ready to take on a starters role now and I don't believe they expect him to.

The greater concern should be with whether or not Tevin Jenkins can handle the LT spot as a rookie and the lack of experienced quality depth behind him.  Wilkinson is not a pro caliber LT so we should keep our hopes up that Jenkins can be right out of the gate.  Other than these two the rest are all PS guys we're still in the process of looking at as developmental prospects or possibly Alex Bar in a pinch.

The other major question mark is can James Daniels bounce back and "own" that RG spot?  It's a contract year for him so his motivation should be sky high.  I've liked what I saw of him when he was 100% healthy and so far I'm gonna believe he'll step up.  And here as well we have Alex Bars as an experienced backup with starting experience and Borom getting work at RG and RT throughout camp.

Whitehair is solid at LG and IMHO they need to leave him at LG and keep pushing Mustipher along at OC.  When he got the nod to start his knowledge of the line calls was fairly impressive and the OL performed much better.  Like Daniels before him Mustipher also saw the need to add some bulk and core strength and he has.  That alone should help him to handle the bigger NT and DT he has to face.

So going into camp it's likely that the OL "locks" will be Ifedi, Daniels, Mustipher, Whitehair, and Jenkins as starters right to left with Bars, Borom, and Wilkinson as the primary depth but I also expect some competition for Bars' and Wilkinson's spots and a possible ninth OL spot and several PS spots from the rest; Hambright, Simmons, Eiselen, Redmond, Traore, etc.

IMHO other than having five guys staying healthy for 17 games the single most important factor will be getting the starting five set early so they develop the cohesiveness they need.  This OL seems to be less lacking in talent than it does the necessary experience of playing with one another and the efficiency that can bring.   In any event I can see an improvement over the past two seasons.