Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

showtime

3 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

The last launch I pulled something like that off for was Cyberpunk.

I've been waiting 12 years for another full-sized Ratchet and Clank game that wasn't some weird 4-person adventure or an into the nexus half game or a re-hash of the original game in the storyline. 12 years since A Crack in Time. I couldn't be more happy with this game. IT's exceeded my already lofty expectations.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scar988 said:
Early review of Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart.
Visually, it might be the most beautiful game I've ever played on any system ever. Period. It's one of the best overall graphic appeals and the artwork in the game is going to be legendary. For a launch game, it really takes advantage of the PS5 hardware.
Storyline, it's another main-line Ratchet and Clank game. And I don't mean that in a bad way. R&C 1-2-3 on the PS2 are some of the best story games ever. R&C Tools of Destruction - Quest For Booty - A Crack in Time was also an exceptional storyline with A Crack in Time being the best of all of the mainlines. This storyline might be even better than a Crack in time. I'm only about 20% of the way through the game though. So we'll have to see, but so far, it's amazing. The old characters are fun and interesting. The new characters brighten up a story that is better than any retelling of the old ones would have been. It's just wonderful as a whole so far.
When it comes to the weapons, gadgets, etc, all of that is still awesome. They're intuitive and the overall Ratchet and Clank feel hasn't changed.
The big difference in this game comes from the Haptics. The new controllers and new feel for the game really changes perspective on everything. Trigger pressure really does make a difference and sometimes you HAVE to pull back all the way or that enemy is not dying. And you gotta kill these enemies.
Overall so far, I'd say it's a solid 95/100. There are a couple of things I wish they'd make better, but right now? It's great. And I'd say those things are probably coming up sooner rather than later.

Love your review. The game has gotten pretty high scores and positive reviews from like every major outlet. I ordered mine but I went with the disk. Probably won't end up selling or trading this game in. Love the cover art and will probably end up keeping it like I did Miles Morales.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Love your review. The game has gotten pretty high scores and positive reviews from like every major outlet. I ordered mine but I went with the disk. Probably won't end up selling or trading this game in. Love the cover art and will probably end up keeping it like I did Miles Morales.

Trust me, it's worth it. It's the most fun I've had on a playstation in a long, long time.

Full review on first playthrough of Rift Apart. The story is absolutely perfect. IT's the right amount of reference to the past with also a look to the future. The developers couldn't have done a better job with it. Yet another great installment to one of the best series ever. Only gripe is the game feels a little short.

I have never played a R&C game and not sure it is my kind of game, so my opinion shouldn't mean much, but I played a little bit on my gf's save and I had a hard time getting over how bad the camera was. It's not like Mario 64 bad but it doesnt feel good

Edited by JBURGE

On 6/19/2021 at 8:55 AM, JBURGE said:

I have never played a R&C game and not sure it is my kind of game, so my opinion shouldn't mean much, but I played a little bit on my gf's save and I had a hard time getting over how bad the camera was. It's not like Mario 64 bad but it doesnt feel good

Right Stick usage makes a huge difference

R+C was the first game I ever played on a ps2 when my cousin brought it over once and I only played for like an hour but it blew my mind. Had dreams for nights after envisioning what else you could do in the game and stuff. Never played it again after that and it’s neat the newest iteration is successful so far but it’s not my kind of game anymore. 

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

R+C was the first game I ever played on a ps2 when my cousin brought it over once and I only played for like an hour but it blew my mind. Had dreams for nights after envisioning what else you could do in the game and stuff. Never played it again after that and it’s neat the newest iteration is successful so far but it’s not my kind of game anymore. 

Oh **** I mixed up ratchet and clank with jak and daxter. **** ratchet and clank. 

On 6/18/2021 at 4:47 PM, scar988 said:

Full review on first playthrough of Rift Apart. The story is absolutely perfect. IT's the right amount of reference to the past with also a look to the future. The developers couldn't have done a better job with it. Yet another great installment to one of the best series ever. Only gripe is the game feels a little short.

I finally beat the game. I got all the gold bolts, info bots, lorbs, and armor sets. Took me about 31 hours to finish. Didn't get all the trophies. I never trophy hunt or look at trophies before I play, so I missed a few.

K0PnKUK.jpg

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I finally beat the game. I got all the gold bolts, info bots, lorbs, and armor sets. Took me about 31 hours to finish. Didn't get all the trophies. I never trophy hunt or look at trophies before I play, so I missed a few.

K0PnKUK.jpg

Did you do the challenge mode and get the RYNO yet? That's where the real fun begins. Especially since you can get unlimited health and unlimited ammo from the Gold Bolts this time around.