East Semis: (2) Nets vs (3) Bucks (Bucks win series 4-3)

beekay414

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Just to add to your argument, Lebron was 27 when he won his first ring. Is his legacy tarnished because of that?

Should've been later than that too. League rigged that first one to stop the endless hate the man was getting.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This isn't about comparing those two but just how stupid it is say the legacy of a 26 year old is on the line tonight. 

I didn't say it would tarnish his legacy forever but it definitely hurts it for the time being. If he wins titles, obviously no one will hold this over his head. But his recent playoff collapses will definitely have a negative impact on how he's viewed amongst the league right now will be a guy who comes up short when it matters most. But as you've said winning cures all so if he gets rings obviously he can still overcome these short comings. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I didn't say it would tarnish his legacy forever but it definitely hurts it for the time being. If he wins titles, obviously no one will hold this over his head. But his recent playoff collapses will definitely have a negative impact on how he's viewed amongst the league right now will be a guy who comes up short when it matters most. But as you've said winning cures all so if he gets rings obviously he can still overcome these short comings. 

Correct, so all it does is add to his current reputation. But that can change quickly. He can flip the narrative and possibly get in the top 15-20 convo with a few rings. Or he can just be a flawed playoff performer that is great in the regular season but not quite at the level of all time great.

Everything will unfold how it does. All I'm saying is it is too early to talk about legacy for a 26 year old. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Just to add to your argument, Lebron was 27 when he won his first ring. Is his legacy tarnished because of that?

Obviously if he wins titles no one will look back at this and hold it against him, winning cures all. But for the time being I think it definitely hurts how he'll be perceived in the league. And as I said before LeBron had already taken two teams to the finals before he won a ring. Something else that I think you have to take into account is that although he's only 26, how long do you think he'll last as one of the best players in the world? LeBron's longevity is one of the most amazing things about his career. For a player like Giannis who's game is built on athleticism and being a freak, will he have even remotely close to as much longevity? I wouldn't be surprised to see him start declining in his early 30s and he's locked up in Milwaukee until he's 31.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Correct, so all it does is add to his current reputation. But that can change quickly. He can flip the narrative and possibly get in the top 15-20 convo with a few rings. Or he can just be a flawed playoff performer that is great in the regular season but not quite at the level of all time great.

Everything will unfold how it does. All I'm saying is it is too early to talk about legacy for a 26 year old. 

With his playing style though how much longer do you think he'll be amongst the best in the world? He is 26 but he's under contract with the Bucks until he's 31. For a player with his type of game I'm not sure he'll still be a world class player at the end of his contract. 

The Bucks HAVE to win this game if they want to even keep this series somewhat interesting. I think they will win tonight because they literally will be playing desperate. Now I wouldn’t shock me if KD and Kyrie continue to be locked in laser focused to put the Bucks out of their misery quickly. I don’t think this series will be a sweep but if the Nets win Game 3 or Game 4 and I think they lose tonight but win Game 4 I see them closing things out in Game 5 in a gentleman sweep. 

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I wouldn't say Giannis legacy is on the line, but the narrative of him is def on the line.

Thank you for wording it better for me. The narrative of how he's viewed around the league will definitely be a guy that falls short in the playoffs when it matters most until he can prove otherwise. 

16 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Has he been healthy the last two years?....

He looked terrible for them a few months ago, lol. Unless Brooklyn has some magic voodoo doctors that restructured the powdered milk in his knees into bone.