East Semis: (2) Nets vs (3) Bucks (Bucks win series 4-3)

beekay414

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Game 3 is going to be huge for the Bucks and for Giannis legacy. They need to come out and get a big win, then they're right back in the series. If they get blown out again a sweep is likely and I think at that point you kind of have to take Giannis out of the conversation amongst the best players in the league. 

On 6/8/2021 at 2:24 AM, NYRaider said:

Blake finessed the Pistons 

With players like Rose, Jackson and Drummond gone, seriously what veteran all-star wanted to sit through a rebuild?....Have to believe the Pistons were equally happy to get out from under his contract....Was a win-win for both sides...

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Nets were the #6 2pt defense. Bucks gave up the most 3s and 2nd best 3pt% in the reg szn. 

Underrated huge mismatch potential there. Didn't know about the Nets 2-point defense.

I just hope Milwaukee shows some ******* fight tonight. Make them work for it.

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Game 3 is going to be huge for the Bucks and for Giannis legacy. They need to come out and get a big win, then they're right back in the series. If they get blown out again a sweep is likely and I think at that point you kind of have to take Giannis out of the conversation amongst the best players in the league. 

Huge for his legacy? Nah, even if he flames out and gets swept his legacy isn't getting impacted in the long run. For the time being people will bring up his exits in the playoffs but if he gets swept this series but ends up winning three rings down the line? Will those three rings not matter because he got swept by the Nets? 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Huge for his legacy? Nah, even if he flames out and gets swept his legacy isn't getting impacted in the long run. For the time being people will bring up his exits in the playoffs but if he gets swept this series but ends up winning three rings down the line? Will those three rings not matter because he got swept by the Nets? 

Based on his extension, Milwaukee's current roster construction, and what we've seen out of him the last few years in the postseason, I don't think it's likely he's getting 3 rings. 

16 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

With players like Rose, Jackson and Drummond gone, seriously what veteran all-star wanted to sit through a rebuild?....Have to believe the Pistons were equally happy to get out from under his contract....Was a win-win for both sides...

Blake Griffin didn't dunk for like 2 years and now he's putting Giannis on posters. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on his extension, Milwaukee's current roster construction, and what we've seen out of him the last few years in the postseason, I don't think it's likely he's getting 3 rings. 

He may not get one ring, who knows.

But legacy on the line at the age of 26 when he may have 10-12 more years left in his career? Yeah, I'll pass on his legacy being on the line tonight. Another flameout will just add to his current reputation and it will stick to him........until he eventually, if ever, gets over the hump.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

But legacy on the line at the age of 26 when he may have 10-12 more years left in his career? Yeah, I'll pass on his legacy being on the line tonight. Another flameout will just add to his current reputation and it will stick to him........until he eventually, if ever, gets over the hump.

I don't think Giannis is going to be a star level player at 36-38, he's not LeBron.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think Giannis is going to be a star level player at 36-38, he's not LeBron.

Again, maybe, maybe not. Who knows, but the point is he has a LONG career ahead of him. A lot of things can happen from now to then. He could end up linking with Luka and they could end up winning a few rings together. Or he can be stuck in Milwaukee and never win a ring. We just don't know. But those quickly to point legacy on the line games will say the crap the following season or two years from now. Your legacy can't be on the line every game lol. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just to add to your argument, Lebron was 27 when he won his first ring. Is his legacy tarnished because of that?

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Just to add to your argument, Lebron was 27 when he won his first ring. Is his legacy tarnished because of that?

Right, and guess what? Some still say those same things about LeBron's legacy being on the line to this day. It's just stupid. Let their entire career play out or at least majority of their career before talking about their legacy. 

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

LeBron had also taken a team to the finals twice before he won a ring and put up crazy numbers in the playoffs every year. And even in his playoff short comings early in his career he was losing to great teams like the Spurs, Celtics, and Pistons who had won championships. Giannis got bodied by Jimmy Butler and Tyler Herro. 

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, and guess what? Some still say those same things about LeBron's legacy being on the line to this day. It's just stupid. Let their entire career play out or at least majority of their career before talking about their legacy. 

Not sure why everyone compares Giannis to LeBron James, Bron was dragging Larry Hughes and Eric Snow into the Finals. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Not sure why everyone compares Giannis to LeBron James, Bron was dragging Larry Hughes and Eric Snow into the Finals. 

This isn't about comparing those two but just how stupid it is say the legacy of a 26 year old is on the line tonight.