Boston front office turnover : Ainge out / Stevens in

Leader

My point with the busts was that it’s not so easy to hit on top 10 picks. It might be expected but majority of time your lucky to get a good player. So he should still get credit on drafting Tatum and Brown with top 3 picks even tho it’s expected he should have.

Edited by Fresh Prince

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

My point with the busts was that it’s not so easy to hit on top 10 picks. It might be expected but majority of time your lucky to get a good player. So he should still get credit on drafting Tatum and Brown with top 3 picks even tho it’s expected he should have.

The Celtics have had 3 top 10 picks and landed Tatum, Brown, and Smart. I think Aaron Nesmith will develop into a pretty good player for them as well. 

15 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Like any GM is going to say the guy they drafted wasn’t worthy in the original spot. 

The Celtics clearly had Tatum #1 on the board... They aren’t going to turn down who they perceive as the best player in the draft and give them to a division rival. I feel like it’s blatantly clear they had Tatum at the top of their board and knew they could get him at 3 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Celtics clearly had Tatum #1 on the board... They aren’t going to turn down who they perceive as the best player in the draft and give them to a division rival. I feel like it’s blatantly clear they had Tatum at the top of their board and knew they could get him at 3 

Agreed. Boston's medical staff may have known about the shoulder issue as well. When we traded up to draft Mitchell reportedly our GM had told none of our scouts, coaches, etc to let anyone know how well he looked in his private workout with us. Still have to thank @champ11 and the Nuggets for trading us Mitchell/Gobert for a couple million dollars, Trey Lyles, and Tyler Lydon. 

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Boston's medical staff may have known about the shoulder issue as well. When we traded up to draft Mitchell reportedly our GM had told none of our scouts, coaches, etc to let anyone know how well he looked in his private workout with us. Still have to thank @champ11 and the Nuggets for trading us Mitchell/Gobert for a couple million dollars, Trey Lyles, and Tyler Lydon. 

and the nuggets FO is still better than the Jazz's. the nuggets star guard is better than the Jazz's and the nuggets star center is better than the Jazz's. I sleep great at night! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

and the nuggets FO is still better than the Jazz's. the nuggets star guard is better than the Jazz's and the nuggets star center is better than the Jazz's. I sleep great at night! 

Jokic is definitely better than Rudy, Mitchell is better than Murray. Y'all getting bounced in the 2nd round again, we're going to the finals. Sweet dreams. 

23 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think the Jazz biggest issue is that I don't think Mitchell is good enough to be the #1 guy on a Championship team.

Of active players remaining in the playoffs with 25+ games played he's second in PPG behind Kevin Durant. 

In his last 11 playoff games he's averaging 33.4 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 4.2 apg on 50% FG, 47% 3FG, 94% FT. 

The Jazz in the playoffs this year with Mitchell in the lineup are averaging 127 ppg, lol. 

We do know where Tatum as the #1 option gets you, in the playoff tournament then bounced in 5 games. 

Edited by NYRaider

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

If he was healthy in the playoffs you would've gotten bounced in the 1st last season.