Boston front office turnover : Ainge out / Stevens in

Leader

I think what adds to Ainge's poor reputation about the lack of trades is that he ALWAYS talked about how close he was to making trades after Boston missed out. Like he wanted everyone to know that he almost had the guts to trade for these players.

59 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I think what adds to Ainge's poor reputation about the lack of trades is that he ALWAYS talked about how close he was to making trades after Boston missed out. Like he wanted everyone to know that he almost had the guts to trade for these players.

Boston media is dumb. If he didnt say that they would crucify him because they feed into the fan mentality of MAKE A TRADE DANNY DO IT. 

38 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Boston media is dumb. If he didnt say that they would crucify him because they feed into the fan mentality of MAKE A TRADE DANNY DO IT. 

Other than Anthony Davis what other superstar did the Celtics miss out on? And even then Davis camp was saying publicly he didn't want to be traded to Boston and wouldn't resign there. I guess they could've traded for Kawhi Leonard but he was another guy that was dead set on being in LA. 

Ainge traded for KG/Allen and won a title then signed Hayward/Horford and traded for Kyrie. IIRC the Celtics were a few plays away from the Finals without Kyrie or Hayward the first year they were together. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Other than Anthony Davis what other superstar did the Celtics miss out on? And even then Davis camp was saying publicly he didn't want to be traded to Boston and wouldn't resign there. I guess they could've traded for Kawhi Leonard but he was another guy that was dead set on being in LA. 

Ainge traded for KG/Allen and won a title then signed Hayward/Horford and traded for Kyrie. IIRC the Celtics were a few plays away from the Finals without Kyrie or Hayward the first year they were together. 

He allegedly almost traded Brown for Kawhi. You’re correct though, Ainge has made plenty of big trades. He’s a very good GM. 

Edited by MookieMonstah

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

We allegedly almost traded Brown for Kawhi. You’re correct though, Ainge has made plenty of big trades. He’s a very good GM. 

The Celtics had 3 max contract players plus Tatum/Brown, just got hit hard by the injury bug. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah because Brooklyn is in a bug market and they had the space lol

Plus Kyrie and Durant are both weirdos that wanted to prove they could win titles without being in the shadow of another HOF player.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AD, Kawhi, rumblings about Beal but those were never admitted to, and then the big one Jimmy Butler. I feel like the media spun Ainge pinning for Buts for a few years before he ended up in Miami. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

AD, Kawhi, rumblings about Beal but those were never admitted to, and then the big one Jimmy Butler. I feel like the media spun Ainge pinning for Buts for a few years before he ended up in Miami. 

Why did Kyrie leave?