Boston front office turnover : Ainge out / Stevens in

Leader

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why did Kyrie leave?

he's impulsive? I don't know. The big reason why he is not liked in Boston is less that he left in FA and more that he said he was resigning on more than one occasion and then bolted for a super team with KD. 

From what I heard no superstars want to go to Boston. Even back when AD was on the trade market wasn’t there reports his father came out and said no way AD was going to Boston. 

I keep saying that Kyrie didn’t want to go to Boston. He was traded their and yes he said all the right things but truthfully the first chance he had out he left. That’s the equivalent of front office saying they aren’t trading a player only for them to trade that player. Good luck Boston building a title team. I sincerely mean it because I love Tatum and I hope he don’t end up like Dame. Stuck on a not terrible but not great team, put up great stats and never win anything. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

he's impulsive? I don't know. The big reason why he is not liked in Boston is less that he left in FA and more that he said he was resigning on more than one occasion and then bolted for a super team with KD. 

Pretty sure Kyrie said he’ll stay “if you’ll have me”. Then was asked again later on and said ask me in July. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

From what I heard no superstars want to go to Boston. Even back when AD was on the trade market wasn’t there reports his father came out and said no way AD was going to Boston. 

I keep saying that Kyrie didn’t want to go to Boston. He was traded their and yes he said all the right things but truthfully the first chance he had out he left. That’s the equivalent of front office saying they aren’t trading a player only for them to trade that player. Good luck Boston building a title team. I sincerely mean it because I love Tatum and I hope he don’t end up like Dame. Stuck on a not terrible but not great team, put up great stats and never win anything. 

AD just only wanted to be in LA because Rich Paul. Celtics have brought in plenty of big guys via FA and trades. Kyrie is a legit weirdo.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Pretty sure Kyrie said he’ll stay “if you’ll have me”. Then was asked again later on and said ask me in July. 

Kyrie said multiple times he was signing in Boston and then bashed the team and organization on the way out. Kyrie is just a weird arse dude. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Kyrie saying what he said is the equivalent of a coach or gm saying they aren’t trading a superstar only for them to trade that player. Like what did you expect Kyrie to say at the time? Imagine him getting on the mic and saying “no way I’m staying” or saying “no comment” which leads to basically saying he doesn’t want to come back then the entire season is him being a distraction in the locker room because he said he isn’t coming back in the offseason. Now could he have handle the situation better? Yes. At the end of the day he wanted to go “home” basically to Brooklyn near his family in New Jersey and team up with KD so I can’t fault him for that. 

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I understand Celtics ending the Ainge era… but why promote Brad to his role?

Stevens is a basketball genius which doesn’t necessarily mean he has the personality and backbone to be a great HC.  I think it’s the right role for him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I mean they traded for Kyrie Irving and have signed 3 max contract players in Kemba Walker, Al Horford, and Gordon Hayward over the last few years. AD and Kawhi are both interesting cases because both guys were absolutely dead set on playing in Los Angeles. 

Kyrie is also a weird player and couldn't stay healthy in Boston. He also left Cleveland to get out of LeBron's shadow, dude is one of the most egotistical players in the history of the league. 

9 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Kyrie said multiple times he was signing in Boston and then bashed the team and organization on the way out. Kyrie is just a weird arse dude. 

Well it’s only been documented once that he said he’s signing in Boston. Though let’s say for the sake of argument, he said it multiple times, he’s not allowed to change his mind? Because the following February (so 4 months after he initially said that he “plans” on re-signing) he was asked and he said “ask me July 1”. That’s not backstabbing, that circumstances around him changing and having a change of heart.  Celtics fans need to let this go. Always gonna paint Kyrie as the bad guy in that situation no matter what. Everything is Kyrie’s fault. 

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Well it’s only been documented once that he said he’s signing in Boston. Though let’s say for the sake of argument, he said it multiple times, he’s not allowed to change his mind? Because the following February (so 4 months after he initially said that he “plans” on re-signing) he was asked and he said “ask me July 1”. That’s not backstabbing, that circumstances around him changing and having a change of heart.  Celtics fans need to let this go. Always gonna paint Kyrie as the bad guy in that situation no matter what. Everything is Kyrie’s fault. 

Imma assume you’re a Nets fan. Celtics fans have every right to dislike him. He said he was staying then bolted, he threw shade at the team and tbh he’s just effing nuts. 

21 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Most overrated GM ever. Imagine not being able to capitalize off that Nets haul, and then on top of that the Nets are primed for titles and you aren’t. Yikes

What lol? If not capitalizing on the Nets haul is turning it into Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and 2 seasons of Kyrie, then Idk what is lmao. Yeah, Danny definitely should have parlayed that haul into a star that is going to push the Celtics over the edge like Paul George. I'm sure the Clippers are super thrilled with that move. 

Guy won a title, made 3/4 of the last 4 ECF games, and had the stones to trade down from #1 overall, pass on the consensus #1 overall pick and land a super star like Tatum. 

I agree the recent moves haven't worked out, the 2019 off-season was terrible. The situation didn't work out with Kyrie and that's really where things started to fall apart, but I don't really think you can blame Ainge for Kyrie pulling what he did. 

Weirdest narrative around Ainge.

23 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

What lol? If not capitalizing on the Nets haul is turning it into Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and 2 seasons of Kyrie, then Idk what is lmao. Yeah, Danny definitely should have parlayed that haul into a star that is going to push the Celtics over the edge like Paul George. I'm sure the Clippers are super thrilled with that move. 

Guy won a title, made 3/4 of the last 4 ECF games, and had the stones to trade down from #1 overall, pass on the consensus #1 overall pick and land a super star like Tatum. 

I agree the recent moves haven't worked out, the 2019 off-season was terrible. The situation didn't work out with Kyrie and that's really where things started to fall apart, but I don't really think you can blame Ainge for Kyrie pulling what he did. 

Weirdest narrative around Ainge.

It’s horrible. He got 2 top 30 players out of the Nets deal, one has top 10 upside. Hayward breaking his ankle and Kembas knee turning to dust really killed things.