2021 Green Bay Offensive Line

Refugee

1 minute ago, mikebpackfan said:

Bak's injury factored heavily in to the outcome of the NFCCG.  Are you saying it didn't?

I'm saying it did, hence my confusion as to why anybody would be super confident in the thing that derailed ourv season last year. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm saying it did, hence my confusion as to why anybody would be super confident in the thing that derailed our season last year. 

It's why I pounded the table for a LT to be drafted somewhere in this draft in the event the team kept sticking Jenkins inside.

1 hour ago, R T said:

Adam Stenavich on Ben Braden: "I'm really excited about Ben and what's going to happen with him. I think he's really going to compete for a starting job at guard or tackle."

It did raise an eyebrow for me the other day when he started and was running with the 1's ahead of Nijman at LT.

Interesting.  Braden, by the way, is one of the oldest guys on the roster.  He's 27.  Guys who are 28 are guys I perceive as very experienced vets, Amos, Adams, Preston, Z.  

16 minutes ago, craig said:

Interesting.  Braden, by the way, is one of the oldest guys on the roster.  He's 27.  Guys who are 28 are guys I perceive as very experienced vets, Amos, Adams, Preston, Z.  

I saw that with Braden’s age, as well. Didn’t know NYJ brought him in 2017.  Linemen generally need some time to get to pro potential and it seems like he’s maxed out his weight/strength by now. If he can produce, keep him but if a younger guy is his equal I feel like you take the potential to grow over the maxed out vet. He was a guy they brought up from the PS last year even if he didn’t see much action so the have some belief in him. Glad to hear Steno give him a boost in the interview. 

13 minutes ago, R T said:
20 minutes ago, Joe said:

Do we really want Braden at 329 though. I'm wondering if his weight might actually be an issue.

Oh the dog days of the off season. 

I'm sure there is a scouting report that references his weight being a pro or con!!!

• Like 3

The Ben Braden stuff is similar to Lane Taylor when he became the starter and we cut Sitton.  The feelings about Lane Taylor, at that time, were not great.  I think the immediate reaction is that Lucas Patrick is on watch, but perhaps Braden is just further along than the group of young guards that we have.  And finally, this is after the first week of voluntary workouts.  It hurts nothing to compliment a player that has put in some hard work.

4 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

Tackle situation still scares the hell out of me

I really think Jenkins is going to play tackle this year .. he'll start at LT until Bak returns, and start at RT after that.  Pretty sure that's why the Packers drafted a couple more options for the interior of the line and didn't take a true tackle.

• Like 1

Beats me.  But my perception is that the MLF is pretty comfortable with Billy Turner at RT, and was good with his performance last year.  My guess is that Turner will remain at RT.  Circumstances, age, and performance don't necessarily stay the same, I realize that.  But last year the status quo during the couple of games when everybody was healthy was Bakhti and Turner at tacke, with Jenkins inside.  My guess is that *IF* we ever have some games (hopefully lots of them), where all three are healthy, that status quo will remain in effect.  

Turner, by the way, has cap hits of $4.8 and $8.9 the next two seasons.  His contract is only half done and perceptions may change in future.  But at this point, Turner looks to have been a good-value signing at a good-value contract.  Hopefully he stays healthy and remains capable for the duration of his contract.  

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 4:04 PM, squire12 said:

I'm sure there is a scouting report that references his weight being a pro or con!!!

or because he's the only OL over 320...

11 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I really think Jenkins is going to play tackle this year .. he'll start at LT until Bak returns, and start at RT after that.  Pretty sure that's why the Packers drafted a couple more options for the interior of the line and didn't take a true tackle.

I'm convinced that they want to keep the right side of the OL fluid while the left side is set in stone with Bakh and Jenkins when all are healthy. There's a method to the mayhem of course, but we'll have to watch, think, and discuss what that might be to maybe figure it out.

On 6/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

The Ben Braden stuff is similar to Lane Taylor when he became the starter and we cut Sitton.  The feelings about Lane Taylor, at that time, were not great.  I think the immediate reaction is that Lucas Patrick is on watch, but perhaps Braden is just further along than the group of young guards that we have.  And finally, this is after the first week of voluntary workouts.  It hurts nothing to compliment a player that has put in some hard work.

Except Lane Taylor was with us for a good 3 years and was much younger than Braden at the time he started. I'm wondering if they're grooming Braden to back-up the left side with Runyan replacing Patrick and Newman replacing Turner at some point.

21 hours ago, craig said:

Beats me.  But my perception is that the MLF is pretty comfortable with Billy Turner at RT, and was good with his performance last year.  My guess is that Turner will remain at RT.  Circumstances, age, and performance don't necessarily stay the same, I realize that.  But last year the status quo during the couple of games when everybody was healthy was Bakhti and Turner at tacke, with Jenkins inside.  My guess is that *IF* we ever have some games (hopefully lots of them), where all three are healthy, that status quo will remain in effect.  

Turner, by the way, has cap hits of $4.8 and $8.9 the next two seasons.  His contract is only half done and perceptions may change in future.  But at this point, Turner looks to have been a good-value signing at a good-value contract.  Hopefully he stays healthy and remains capable for the duration of his contract.  

Agree on Turner ... he'll be there at RT and Bak will be ready to go at LT for the 1st regular season game.  OL will be pretty damn good.

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Agree on Turner ... he'll be there at RT and Bak will be ready to go at LT for the 1st regular season game.  OL will be pretty damn good.

I hope he is back for week 1 but they can’t rush it, it’s a long brutal 17 game season. I bet a beer with a friend it would be first half of season which is stealing beer as far as I’m concerned but week 1 would be a very quick turnaround even by current standards. I’m sure he’s attacking rehab with everything he’s got so I won’t ever doubt a guy as driven as he is.

Dave talked about leaning on Jordy and former bookend Bulaga when trying to get over the mental hurdles for long road to recover.  Both of those guys have gone through the process and understand the sucktitude. He briefly talked about not just the fact that it’s a terrible injury but the timing of it when we had put in so much work to get to the playoffs, he was not happy early on and apparently had to go through a “denial stage” with the docs.

I’ll be very happy to see him out there again and hope it’s soon.