2021 Green Bay Offensive Line

Refugee

• 1 month later...

The lineup is set and we will see tomorrow who we have left to right but it looks to be something like:

74 62 71 70 77

Runyan and Nijman seem to be the primary depth with Kelly maybe healthy, it’s hard to say he earned his spot in PS but hopefully he continues to work his way in.

Hanson must be showing something in practice because he did not impress in the final game.  He’s currently backup C but the team might shuffle Jenkins or Patrick in middle before putting the ball in his hands.

Of course the return of 69 will be much anticipated.  The soonest would be wk.7 but it would be wise to make sure he’s ready for the fire, so probably later.

This is the unit that has been stellar the past few years.  Can we keep it up with new pieces and guys in different positions?

Edited by Refugee

41 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Royce was looking green today when thrown in the fire. Not overly surprising but Runyan or even Braden have done better with live reps. Good week to bounce back because after Detroit at home, SF on the road will not be giving any do overs. 

Didn't Runyan struggle in the preseason? Braden hasn't even taken reg season reps too. Not sure they would of changed much here. 

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Didn't Runyan struggle in the preseason? Braden hasn't even taken reg season reps too. Not sure they would of changed much here. 

Who knows, and Royce earned a shot but Runyan had a fair amount of decent reps last year.  Braden also played 4 games. Whoever is out there better be up to the standard and what was put out on the field today wasn’t it. Newman will get another chance but he will not be given a long leash. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Who knows, and Royce earned a shot but Runyan had a fair amount of decent reps last year.  Braden also played 4 games. Whoever is out there better be up to the standard and what was put out on the field today wasn’t it. Newman will get another chance but he will not be given a long leash. 

I didn't really pay attention to them so much, Aaron said they didn't play that bad. I think it was more in the run game. Unless they start really really struggling I think this is the line we got until 69 is back. Again I didn't watch Newman/Patrick closely but I don't think Runyan or Braden are sizeable upgrades.

7 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I didn't really pay attention to them so much, Aaron said they didn't play that bad. I think it was more in the run game. Unless they start really really struggling I think this is the line we got until 69 is back. Again I didn't watch Newman/Patrick closely but I don't think Runyan or Braden are sizeable upgrades.

LaFleur was taking the heat for not running the ball enough, but I got the idea that Rodgers was checking out of runs right and left.  They should have lined up with Dillon and pounded the ball at the Saints with more regularity.  

• Like 1

Rodgers completed just 4-of-15 passes when he had more than 2.5 seconds to throw. Both of his interceptions came with at least that much time -- including the one in the red zone when a touchdown would have made it a 17-10 game -- and it was his worst completion percentage on those throws since at least 2016, when NFL Next Gen stats first began tracking.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers completed just 4-of-15 passes when he had more than 2.5 seconds to throw. Both of his interceptions came with at least that much time -- including the one in the red zone when a touchdown would have made it a 17-10 game -- and it was his worst completion percentage on those throws since at least 2016, when NFL Next Gen stats first began tracking.

But Aaron EXPECTS perfection from his OL or he will curl up into a ball.

that's a big part of the problem. One area where his poutiness is most evident.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Guess he just needs the team to bring back a few more of his washed up friends and he'll be right as rain

Just now, incognito_man said:

I'll never underestimate the importance of OL play again.

Going from: Bakh || Jenkins || Linsley to Jenkins || Newman || Myers takes this team from a SB contender to a .500 team. Big part of that is due to Rodgers though.

I really don't think the line was terrible .. just had some bad moments that were made worse by a jittery QB.  I think the Packers blew it by not lining up and really trying to run the ball.  Our team was unprepared for what the Saints threw at them defensively and never was able to adjust or recover.