Hunting Problems?

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Clev would be willing to add Hunter without giving away their productive players. Pretty much only draft picks. If we’re not adding any big Free Agents, i  Rather just keep Hunter as opposed to a 2nd & cap space

I agree, I’d only move Hunter for a first round pick or a package that includes a good starter on a favorable contract. In other words, there’s no sense in giving Hunter away.

• Like 2

Danielle Hunter‘s future with the Vikings has appeared tenuous the past couple of seasons. As recently as a week ago, a report indicated the team was shopping the edge rusher. But Hunter restructured his contract to help the team sign edge rusher Za’Darius Smith, and new General Manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah said signing Hunter to a long-term extension is an option.

Adofo-Mensah: “We feel great where we are with Danielle. Obviously, that roster bonus was a call to come to the table and get in conversation, dialogue, and we had great conversation with Danielle, his representation Zeke (Sandhu), all members of this organization, and I can say we’re all in a great place. Danielle called me from vacation in Europe the other day. You can hear the urgency, the motivation in his voice to kind of resume where he is as one of the elite players in this league, and we’re excited to have back.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/23/vikings-feel-great-about-danielle-hunter-could-sign-him-to-long-term-extension/

Hunter: “I feel great.The last two years were pretty unfortunate, but I just got to stay positive and have positive people around me. My family’s been there, coaches have been there. So I’m ready to go this season.”

“I see him (Z Smith)every year with the Packer. He goes against our quarterback and sometimes I just know what he’s going to bring to the table before he even gets out there. So it will be a good combo between us and all the defensive linemen we have.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/23/danielle-hunter-feels-great-after-two-pretty-unfortunate-years/