• 76ers in 5
    • 76ers in 6
    • 76ers in 7
    • Hawks in 4
    • Hawks in 5
    • Hawks in 6
    • Hawks in 7

15 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Close 7 game series that I think the Sixers eek with no Embiid.

With Embiid, Sixers in 5 or 6 with a few blowouts in there.

Probably gonna get some Embiid eventually, game 2 or 3? I say Sixers win it 4-2.

Intrigued to see how Trae plays against you guys, you have a ton of good defenders to throw at him. 

I don't think you will see Embiid for the first two games. If the 76ers manage to win those two games then I think it gives you more time to sit him. They're are good enough on defense to still be very competitive while Embiid sits.

Edited by agarcia34

On 6/3/2021 at 9:33 PM, agarcia34 said:

I don't think you will see Embiid for the first two games. If the 76ers manage to win those two games then I think it gives you more time to sit him. They're are good enough on defense to still be very competitive while Embiid sits.

The issue is we are extremely limited with our Bigs. With no Embiid our only competent Big is Dwight who Doc likes to keep in the reserve role (which I agree with). As a result, our interior D struggles majorly.

I actually think the hawks can take this series. The Sixers won’t be able to stop Trae Young. The Hawks have a center who can check Embid - when Embid plays - in Capella. The Hawks have really good outside shooters, as do the Sixers so that’s a wash. I think Young will be the difference in this series.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I actually think the hawks can take this series. The Sixers won’t be able to stop Trae Young. The Hawks have a center who can check Embid when he plays in Capella. The Hawks have really good outside shooters, as do the Sixers so that’s a wash. I think Young will be the difference in this series.

Trae will get his, but c'mon the Sixers have lots of defenders from the interior to the perimeter. They are better equipped to slow down Obviously Trae is a cheat code in PnR and he's hard to stop no matter how good a defense is, but yeah they have the length to disrupt him and several good to great defenders and quite a few other capable ones.

There isn't some big sample, so a lot of this is superfluous, but yeah.

I do think if Embiid isn't able to move around great that will obviously be an issue in trying to slow him down in PnR and with him feeding Capella lobs out of it.

But, lets not act like Trae is some unstoppable force.

I'd be interested in how much trapping Philly does against him. There rotations have to be really good, cause Trae can be great against it, but like I said Philly has more length than most and can probably get some deflections for turnovers out of it, but the Hawks have the shooters to make them pay out of it like you mentioned if Trae makes the right read/pass. They obviously can't just spam traps though like they did against Beal and I'm sure Doc knows that or would hope he does.

It should be an interesting battle on that end, especially if Embiid is less mobile like I said before. Really hope he isn't limited much and doesn't have a set back. I'm really tired of seeing guys get hurt. Not even a fan of the Nets whatsoever and I was bummed to see Harden have to exit early last night. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Trae will get his, but c'mon the Sixers have lots of defenders from the interior to the perimeter. They are better equipped to slow down Obviously Trae is a cheat code in PnR and he's hard to stop no matter how good a defense is, but yeah they have the length to disrupt him and several good to great defenders and quite a few other capable ones.

There isn't some big sample, so a lot of this is superfluous, but yeah.

I do think if Embiid isn't able to move around great that will obviously be an issue in trying to slow him down in PnR and with him feeding Capella lobs out of it.

But, lets not act like Trae is some unstoppable force.

I'd be interested in how much trapping Philly does against him. There rotations have to be really good, cause Trae can be great against it, but like I said Philly has more length than most and can probably get some deflections for turnovers out of it, but the Hawks have the shooters to make them pay out of it like you mentioned if Trae makes the right read/pass. They obviously can't just spam traps though like they did against Beal and I'm sure Doc knows that or would hope he does.

It should be an interesting battle on that end, especially if Embiid is less mobile like I said before. Really hope he isn't limited much and doesn't have a set back. I'm really tired of seeing guys get hurt. Not even a fan of the Nets whatsoever and I was bummed to see Harden have to exit early last night. 

I hear you, but Trae is on another level. It’s like trying to check Beal - which the Sixers couldn’t do - but Trae is a better shooter. I don’t want to say he’s the next Steph Curry, but checking Trae is similar with his handles, his shooting ability, and his ability to get in the lane and shoot floaters.

I don’t think Danny Green has the quickness to stick with Young. The best chance they have is George Hill I think.

Edited by turtle28

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I hear you, but Trea is on another level, I don’t want to say he’s the next Steph Curry, but checking Trae is similar with his handles, his shooting ability, and his ability to get in the lane and shoot floaters.

I don’t think Danny Green has the quickness to stick with Young. The best chance they have is George Hill I think.

All I’m saying is you are underrating Thybulle and their defensive capabilities overall. 

Forgot they have Hill. That’s another good defender. Yeah, I don’t think Green should be on him either. He’s a really good off-ball defender at this point, but you don’t want him on anyone with quickness as a primary match-up.

Philly has bigs like Embiid and Howard that can protect the rim too. 

When you are going against great players you know they are gonna go off at times, but they can do stuff to disrupt him. It’s not like he’s KD where he can just get whatever shot he wants by just going over guys. He’s gonna have to work to get open against a top 2 or 3 defensive with  disruptive length. Embiid’s injury opens up the door more to work them in PnR though.

I just didn’t like that you said they won’t be able to stop him like he’s some unstoppable force and they are some trash defense. They are one of the best. Luka went off the first half of the series but we’ve seen the Clippers slow him down in games 4 and 6.

Also, it’s not like Trae didn’t shoot between 27 and 33 percent from 3PT for every game of that Knicks series besides game 2 when he shot 57% (4-7) which funnily enough was New York’s only win lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I hear you, but Trae is on another level. It’s like trying to check Beal - which the Sixers couldn’t do - but Trae is a better shooter. I don’t want to say he’s the next Steph Curry, but checking Trae is similar with his handles, his shooting ability, and his ability to get in the lane and shoot floaters.

Trae will get his, but watch when Thybule guards him. Trae will still get the best of him sometimes because he's awesome offensively, but Thybule will give him troubles with his size and playmaking.