• 76ers in 5
    • 76ers in 6
    • 76ers in 7
    • Hawks in 4
    • Hawks in 5
    • Hawks in 6
    • Hawks in 7

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean they have won 70% of their games since McMillan took over. They have been a legit team in the last 50 or so games and that is a big enough sample size. They also have a budding star who has been able to take over and make big plays late in games. 

Is this Hawks team really all that worse than the Blazers team that made the WCFs in 2019? Are they worst than the Celtics team that made the conference finals in 2017?

This. The 21 Hawks are much better than the 19 Blazers.

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean they have won 70% of their games since McMillan took over. They have been a legit team in the last 50 or so games and that is a big enough sample size. They also have a budding star who has been able to take over and make big plays late in games. 

Is this Hawks team really all that worse than the Blazers team that made the WCFs in 2019? Are they worst than the Celtics team that made the conference finals in 2017?

Agree. While they’re probably in that group of teams, they got shooters and scorers all over. Still no excuse for Sixers to lose tho.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I should have said the least talented. They are a good team together. But they lack elite talent that most conference finals teams have. Tre is great but he’s not a steph curry,dame,harden type of star. 

E4ao8XfXMAQjrfe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Bingo! But this is why when you rely on guys like Middleton and Harris, you are going to have a lot of uneven performances and a lot of suspect moments. And everyone plays harder in the playoffs so even "bad" defensive teams in the regular season are able to rise to the occasion and play well. You just can't be completely incompetent like the Blazers lol.

55 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I should have said the least talented. They are a good team together. But they lack elite talent that most conference finals teams have. Tre is great but he’s not a steph curry,dame,harden type of star. 

The Hawks are deep as hell. They don't lack talent at all. Trae is still a top 20 player.

Embiid saying turning point was when they had open shot and made 1 free throw.

Perhaps accurate for game 7.

I'd argue the bigger turning point was when his dumbass had a point blank layup late in game 4 and failed to even get it on the rim.

Edited by Mossburg
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I'd argue the bigger turning point was when his dumbass had a point blank layup late in game 4 and failed to even get it on the rim.

Also true.

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

Yep. Embiid ain't blameless here. Thought I saw something that said he was like 12-56 in the 4th quarter from game 4 on. May be wrong though. He had his built in injury excuse that he always has to fall back on tho!

21 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

You gave up before the playoffs because they had to play Golden State in the 2nd round. Said at least Capela didn't get his bonus and your logic was because it would put Houston above the tax.

I don't know how to quote from a locked topic.

That’s not the same as me saying I didn’t want him to get the bonus. That was me finding something positive in getting bounced.