Jaguars OTAs/Training Camp News and Notes

.Buzz

On 6/30/2021 at 1:31 PM, skaterbirdhouse said:

Randomly sitting here working and it dawned on me I don’t remember seeing much of anything on Tyson Campbell which isn’t something I’d expect for a prospect drafted at 33.

was there any news on how he looked in OTAs or video?

I'm not sure it's really that surprising that he's maybe not getting as much coverage or whatever.  CB isn't a very "sexy" position to cover in these sort of camp settings.  And Campbell in particular, isn't the type of CB who is going to have many of those big "wow" splash plays to rave about either.  That's kinda one of the big holes in his game.

Out of all the Day 1/2 picks, i feel like right from the hop, he was probably the guy that generated the least apparent fan interest and hype.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm not sure it's really that surprising that he's maybe not getting as much coverage or whatever.  CB isn't a very "sexy" position to cover in these sort of camp settings.  And Campbell in particular, isn't the type of CB who is going to have many of those big "wow" splash plays to rave about either.  That's kinda one of the big holes in his game.

Out of all the Day 1/2 picks, i feel like right from the hop, he was probably the guy that generated the least apparent fan interest and hype.

Yeah I just feel like I heard less about him than players like Little and Tufele which was weird considering there’s about nothing they can really show in an OTA given they don’t have contact.

He was still the #33 pick in the draft so I figured I would see/hear some information about how he looked but didn’t see a thing. Would make more sense if he was in fact on the side with Cisco.

16 hours ago, famousj said:

I picked Trevor Lawrence to be  one of my Dynasty QBs in fantasy football.   Is there an order of preference of WR Trevor Lawrence is throwing to in the workouts?

Way too early in the process to know how that’ll work on game day.

All of Chark, Shenault, and Marvin Jones should be heavily involved and it’s kind of a toss up to know how their targets will end up. I’d expect Robinson to be the bell cow with ETN being all over and likely being heavily involved in the pass game too.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 6:43 AM, .Buzz said:

Way too early in the process to know how that’ll work on game day.

All of Chark, Shenault, and Marvin Jones should be heavily involved and it’s kind of a toss up to know how their targets will end up. I’d expect Robinson to be the bell cow with ETN being all over and likely being heavily involved in the pass game too.

Yeah.  Really early, and extremely limited info to try to project on, in terms of how the ball is going to end up spread around this year.  Naturally, would be inclined to think it could be a pretty broad spread, with a lot of different guys getting more moderate touches under Urban.  But really just throwing darts in the dark, since ultimately...it comes down to a coach and quarterback that we haven't seen together, and neither of which we've seen at the NFL level.  So it's projection based on college history, transposed against what we know about the guys already in house (which are also kind of rife with questionmarks and unknowns).

I think the safest bet, is that Robinson will probably not see quite the same workload he did last year.  Etienne is bound to cut into that, at least to some extent.  They spent the premium pick on him for a reason - they want to use him and bring that different dynamic to the backfield, and even in other usages.  But beyond that...it's pretty darn hard to project.  It's all just blind guesstimating at best.

On 6/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, .Buzz said:

Pretty eye opening and not something I feel like we've seen around here in a minute.

This is one of the things that will probably needed to change the culture in Jacksonville.  It sounds like Urban is challenging everybody - including the better players on the team, to play at the top of their game.  Urban also sounds like he's quite a fanatic when it comes to getting the guys into the weight room.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

It was more of a joke than anything...I dont expect Cam to be here next year so the fact he's walking with Trevor feels irrelevant. 

It’s literally just a video of players coming in…

Regardless, I’m not writing off Cam long term yet.

• Like 1