Which Rookie will have the biggest impact?

MacReady

Which rookie will have the biggest impact?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which rookie will have the biggest impact?

• Kevin King
    • Josh Jones
    • Montravious Adams
    • Vince Biegel
    • Jamaal Williams
    • DeAngelo Yancey
    • Aaron Jones
    • Kofi Amichia
    • Devante Mays
    • Malachi Dupre
    • Undrafted free agent (who?)

Josh Jones is the immediate answer. If we don't put too much on his plate too soon, like we have a tendency to do with guys who show promise early, then he can be an impact player for us down the stretch. The first quarter of the year will be him adjusting to the NFL pace. But by October/November, watch out. It just needs to slow down, and when it does, he can be our enforcer/hybrid. My second pick is Montravius Adams. Whereas King will be pushed into spots and may make some plays, he has quite a bit of competition behind him. Adams could push for snaps in the nickel/dime as one of our down rushers. There, I think he could make a half-dozen splash plays. My initial instinct was neutral/leaning unfavorable when Adams was picked. After taking into account his enormous workload/snap count at Auburn, the level of competition he encountered, and the rate of success of AU bigs, I started to feel quite a bit better. GREAT value pick if he refines his technique (and his hand usage is already a + as Palmy noted, which is critical). Playing 15-20 snaps a game (as opposed to 50-60), and he could be a stud early on. Can't wait to see Mac put his locker right next to Mike D's. Combine those two high value picks with King's long-term outlook, Williams' complementary ability, the fact that Biegel (at a premier position, and one of need) came free for trading down, and the unique skillsets of Jones/Mays, and Thompson might have his best draft as a GM. I truly believe that.

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

I see it the opposite, purely on opportunity this year. Burnett is out after this year for me. 

I guess I was speaking more in terms of value.  If Kevin King can be the lockdown corner we believe he can be, that's significantly more valuable to me than a safety.

On 7/23/2017 at 5:57 PM, the lone star said:

I really hope it's Jamaal Williams. Got him in a few leagues already, lol. 

Not a bad fantasy sleeper to grab.  Not sure he's going to get significant touches early assuming Montgomery can hold up.

6 minutes ago, Joyride15 said:

King or Jones for me.

King already rolling with the 1's in training camp.

Him being with 1s during the two minute means nothing. He was playing scout team wr the day before.

We oughta slow our roll on that

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Him being with 1s during the two minute means nothing. He was playing scout team wr the day before.

He also has the easiest path to playing time than any other rookie. 

8 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Concur.

They just like to get film of everybody doing everything  early in camp so they have teaching points. 

19 minutes ago, Joyride15 said:

He also has the easiest path to playing time than any other rookie. 

I don't even know if I necessarily agree with this. Lots of people think King but I am not as down on the corners as them

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Concur.

They just like to get film of everybody doing everything  early in camp so they have teaching points. 

Which makes great sense.

Him running with them today means nothing to me, yet.

Archived