Walking Dead season 8 (no comic stuff)

Malfatron

16 hours ago, MathMan said:

based on the preview, the next episode should be good.

i hope they dont abandon the simon/neagan tension

Doesn't seem like it. Most of the preview scenes for next week's episode show Simon not agreeing with Neagan's plan. 

11 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

The last line and then what happened when Sidiq got to Hilltop leads me to believe his role will be massive. They're not going to axe Carl and give us info that this guy has a medical background if he won't play a major role. I'm digging his role thus far but we'll see what happens.

the show needs a Sidiq.

a relative novice who can develop with the group.

most everyone else has "seen it all"

Just now, MathMan said:

eh, I like Tara.

Really, though, I wish any of them would be bit to decrease the amount of characters.

Agreed. I think whoever is left needs to hit the road again. I wouldn't mind them going back towards a major city (not Atlanta) to see if there's been any progress or news.

With the show losing Carl and Glen recently, is there really a burning purpose to not enter an NFL-style rebuild? I'd have Negan take out a huge number of people in the war and only keep 8-10 main cast characters going forward. Put them in a new environment where walker hordes are actually a credible threat again.

There are way too many people to care about and I can't stand going weeks without them addressing the major storyline to try and make us care about other randoms. You aren't going to make people care about characters simply because you devoted an hour-long episode to them. It just makes people bored of the show. Besides, there is no need to expand the cast that far. Very  few shows have as many people with as many storylines going on as TWD has going on.

Simplify it. It's a freaking crazy zombie apocalypse. Coming up with storylines shouldn't be that difficult if this is the reasoning behind these "break from the ____ storyline" episodes.

19 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

With the show losing Carl and Glen recently, is there really a burning purpose to not enter an NFL-style rebuild? I'd have Negan take out a huge number of people in the war and only keep 8-10 main cast characters going forward. Put them in a new environment where walker hordes are actually a credible threat again.

There are way too many people to care about and I can't stand going weeks without them addressing the major storyline to try and make us care about other randoms. You aren't going to make people care about characters simply because you devoted an hour-long episode to them. It just makes people bored of the show. Besides, there is no need to expand the cast that far. Very  few shows have as many people with as many storylines going on as TWD has going on.

Simplify it. It's a freaking crazy zombie apocalypse. Coming up with storylines shouldn't be that difficult if this is the reasoning behind these "break from the ____ storyline" episodes.

Yes, the show desperately needs this.

On 3/12/2018 at 6:47 PM, bucsfan333 said:

As soon as they killed the garbage people and Jadis dropped that stupid caveman talk, I immediately liked her. I used to HATE everything about them. icon_lol.gif

The whole addition of that group was useless honestly. I'll see what they do going forward but to add a group that wasn't in the comics and make them useless seems...useless icon_lol.gif

On 3/12/2018 at 9:25 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Am I the only one who wishes Tara would get bit?

I was hoping Dwight would take her out. Annoying and useless. Absolutely zero redeeming qualities. Honestly if the only way to kill Tara would be for Negan to win then I'd be all for it.

28 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Anyone see the theory about the doctors on this show? It’s on YouTube and Reddit. It goes when one new doctor is introduced they kill one off the show within 2 episodes. Carson was introduced, Denise died. There were some others I forgot.

Sidiq has medical experience, and Carson died.

Euguene has medical experience, and that Dr got thrown into the fire.

2 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Anyone see the theory about the doctors on this show? It’s on YouTube and Reddit. It goes when one new doctor is introduced they kill one off the show within 2 episodes. Carson was introduced, Denise died. There were some others I forgot.

Yep this was actually my first thought when the doc got shot (what a dummy by the way).

Archived