Walking Dead season 8 (no comic stuff)

Malfatron

I don't want to be Mr. Complainey-pants about the show because I hate people that do that yet still watch, but does anyone else HATE the music? I cringe at the "oh, we're back at the Kingdom now. Cue up the royal background music!" "Ok now we're heading over to The Hilltop. Cue up the banjo theme that we now associate with this setting!"  I don't know why, but I cringe. It just feels significantly less gritty than it used to be. It's like a completely different show now. Are the writers completely different than they were in season 1?

I feel like that writing room probably has a ton of "yes men" in it. I get that it's a show about zombies, but at least try to suspend our disbelief like you were able to do in the first few seasons. The show still entertains me and I will continue to watch, but I'd be lying if I said this show didn't bore me now.

Here's another big problem IMO:

Jeffery Dean Morgan is nailing it at Negan. He's arguably the best part about the show. Killing him off would be a mistake, but how long can you drag out the "war" without making Rick and his people look like incompetent morons? Negan would have been dead in like 15 different instances if this show was aiming for realism. They are in a tough spot right now. Killing off Negan is what will drive the story into something else, but you'd be losing the most entertaining part of the show by doing so.

I feel like a Negan face turn is coming, but I don't know how that'd work in this scenario. Even civilized people would murder him upon capture. The thought of a society with no rules deciding to keep him alive seems like a big time stretch. Especially with Maggie and Rosita around. Or the countless other people that would 100% murder him on site. I wonder where they go with this thing.

Definitely going to keep watching through the end of the show, but I hope the quality gets back to where it was years ago.

I like how you brought up the music b/c I agree it's been SO cheesy. Funny thing is, this used to be one of my favorite parts of the show. In the earlier seasons, whoever chose the music deserved every bit of praise as the actors. It was stellar. That person who made those decisions has definitely moved on lol

Archived